What is your favorite charting platform and why?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TrendSpider_Jake, Dec 3, 2018.

1. JSOP

JSOP

I just wish it allows for programmable trading not just the limited conditional trading that it has right now.

#11     Dec 4, 2018
    ET180 and Peter10 like this.
  2. Peter8519

Peter8519

I use Amibroker and daily data from Yahoo Finance. Use it for chart reading, scanning, and output scanning results for perl script. I don't do day trading and mainly trend following.

#12     Dec 4, 2018
  3. maxinger

maxinger

Could you please check for me whether we can plot candlesticks based on volume instead of time?

#13     Dec 4, 2018
  4. I like Ninja Trader v 7 since it has the indicators that i use. However, you still need to determine stops based on PA. For example, right now price is moving more due to high volatility so stops need to be further back.

#14     Dec 5, 2018
  5. Is this true? You can no longer trade with Esignal and IB?

#15     Dec 6, 2018
  6. Specterx

Specterx

Not if you have multiple accounts.

#16     Dec 6, 2018
  7. ET180

ET180

It wouldn't be too hard to implement that, but no, I don't.
    No kidding. Especially considering that you can use it with an unfunded account. I used ThinkOrSwim and the mobile app for a couple years before I decided to actually fund the account. And I don't even trade with the account. I just transferred over some stock that I have had since birth because TD did not charge for incoming DRS stock transfer while my primary broker, IB, did. So I just leave the stock there mostly because I feel that they should be earning something for providing the service.

#17     Dec 6, 2018
    cornerstone likes this.
  8. ET180

ET180

Agree. IB has the best API around. I also don't like that TD charges for option exercise and assignment. I also like TastyWorks (which was developed by the people who made TOS).

#18     Dec 6, 2018
  9. Bekim

Bekim

Tradestation because once I learn one platform I never want to take the time to learn another.

#19     Dec 8, 2018
  10. For Options Thinkorswim has no peer
    For Futures Sierra Charts is tops

#20     Dec 8, 2018