What is your edge?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Davidee2, Apr 30, 2011.

1. My edge:

[​IMG]

It's all puppydogs and rainbows so long as I don't take one step too far...

#71     Aug 13, 2011
  2. zero spreads and commish whould be great ones

#72     Aug 13, 2011
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The only true edge in trading is capital and the use thereof. Thank you for your time.

#73     Aug 13, 2011
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Agreed--scalping is really a tick or two. Most people at ET who say they scalp are really just daytrading.

#74     Aug 13, 2011
  5. jdmc45

jdmc45

A statistically proven strategy that will reap profits in the long-run, of course must ensure that it continues to be profitable going forward

#75     Aug 14, 2011
  6. I guess it depends on how the trading logic is constructed and whether there are built in dynamic adjustments to cope with changes in volatility, not just day to day but intra day.

Most day trading algos, even if they are constructed to work in different modes at different times of day, require periodic maintenance. Just how often that maintenance needs to be done depends on both the periodicity of the algo and whether the entry and exit logic is related to market action rather than to optimised indicators.

#76     Aug 14, 2011
  7. First of all what is your definition of an edge in the market...?

How do you even recognize an edge...?!

#77     Aug 15, 2011
  8. Just to jump in here about what an edge is...Perhaps it is a personal definition....but professional traders may all agree on the same definiton.

I know this...

If you play proper blackjack and are able to count the cards on a reasonable number of decks....without too many hole cards...you can reasonably play against the house with an edge..

Now...

Personally for me, Having an edge in trading Retail Spot Forex would be a positive profit expectation of my risk/reward ratio verses my win rate together with my lotsize methodology thus giving me confidence to enter the trade.

ES

#78     Aug 15, 2011
  9. my edge is my statistic about everything i do in trading.
    i mean everything.

Because "Statistic makes my money", i just control the risk.

Beside that i know i will succeed in trading the markets and i feel good about it.

My edge is i love to trade the markets, doesnt matter what market, Forex, Futures, Stocks all the same bullshit. Its just there for me to make me money.

I truly can tell you after you have done a few years of hard statistical work and transfered that to making a lot of real money, that "the secret" is that you know the markets behaviour, i mean really know.
    And have a hardcore defense and attack strategy.

Butttttttttttt, the biggest edge is you, you must never give up thats it.

Peace

#79     Aug 23, 2011
  10. Tats something v meaningful n deep. Can u tell us a bit more in more details and we would v appreciated.

#80     Oct 7, 2011