what is your easiest trade?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by trader198, Apr 14, 2011.

what is your easiest trade

Poll closed Jul 23, 2011.
  1. open a position with PT/SL and leave,when back the trade is done

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. know nothing about technicals/fundamentals,throw a dart and win as you wish

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. posting a real trade is not in my interest. it hurts my performance. distracts my thinking. particualrly my ego.

that trade with 1.5k loss is a good trade. though it is a loss.

normally after 9:00am, I trade 6lots to 10lots, extreme to 20lots (casually). stop loss maximum is 50 ticks,90% time with 30 ticks. actually I donot care about 30ticks or less move. if I caught a 20ticks profit, it is a shame to me, I thought it is a failed trade.

a kind reminder: this thread is about the easiest trade, please post related constructive blotter.

trading is not difficult if you think so. trading is tough if you think so. all in your mind. if you think anything is possible, then anything is possible. if you think something is impossible, then something is impossible.

#11     Apr 15, 2011

2. What does your average R:R look like when you set and forget? What markets do you like to trade?

My easiest trade is the first one of the day without the psychological noise from previous trades' wins, losses or direction.

I don't set and forget I manage it as it unfolds. I only move stops closer to price as price moves in my favor. I like betting/ adding with 3 - 2 - 1 when it moves in my favor so my average cost is closer to entry. I'll exit immediately with a limit if I get a "windfall" spike that far surpasses my expected R:R .

#12     Apr 15, 2011
  3. I gradually phase out of day trading since my account is growing to a point I do not need pay nerve neck attention to little noise move. I found whenmyaccount become bigger, the easier Ican trade.

normally myR/R is at least 1:2 for day trading, for overnight/swing, at least 1:3.

crude day trade risk maximum 50ticks, target 100tick +
    overnight 100ticks target 300tick +

index NQ daytrading maximum 10points, target 25points +
    overnight/swing 20points,target 50points +

#13     Apr 19, 2011
  4. dejavu8

dejavu8

i never take a trade if i thought it wouldn't be an easy trade.

#14     Apr 19, 2011
  5. No.Heat

No.Heat

Interactive broker default sim colors for the win :)

#15     Apr 19, 2011
  6. fake ? I did not include my profit otherwise most people here losers will be dubious.

traded 1000~2000shares of sina
    traded 6lots of crude
    10lotsof NQ

#16     Apr 19, 2011
  7. volente_00

volente_00

so 1 year ago you were trading a $5,000 account and in that time you have taken 5k to 145k?

#17     Apr 19, 2011
  8. If he posted his profit I am sure it would end in .00 again, dead give away for a sim account.

#18     Apr 19, 2011