What is your daily commission expense (re: IB)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hpex1, Aug 21, 2002.

1. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

damn right- if you trade volume you should get low costs and good treatment- the firms make most of their money off of high volume traders in commissions so they should cater to us, not some joe bob redneck pushing his 100 lots around for pocket change.....

#21     Aug 23, 2002
  2. I am still amazed at the traders that I know are trading size that stick with IB no matter how bad they are treated ...

#22     Aug 23, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

there is a team at IB that handles high commission traders.

treated poorly? fast executions, great commissions, reliable sytems ....

#23     Aug 23, 2002
  4. Now exactly who is on that team and when did that start?

And, Def remember we had one of the first CTCI connections there.

#24     Aug 23, 2002
  5. lipton

lipton

I have about a 10 sec wait time to get to customer service on avg. and they have no idea how much in commissions I rack up. Try getting a touch tone phone or use their chat window.

I'm getting this image that your ego is getting the best of you. Try to find a solution and not rave because you think you do big size. For example, listen to the recording and write down the route to the rep so you don't have to listen the recordings again. Or, write to IB and tell them to shorten the recorded messages. Ask them to make a comparision between the time it takes for someone to reach a rep vs a competitor.

#25     Aug 23, 2002
  6. Def,

Is that you in disguise with post #1?

#26     Aug 23, 2002
  7. Ok lets look at the facts, there are fewer high commission traders then there are the average traders.

If IB gives them advantages over the normal traders, then they in effect, will alienate the average trader.

And opinion matters, opinion of the masses over the opinions of the few.

If we count in the amount of overall commissions generated, I am sure that the average volume traders will come out on top.

I dont see any reasons why average volume trader should have anyless preferential treatment then the high volume traders.
    Why does IB have to give you privileges if you dont generated more income for them then the average trader.

Comprend de vu?

:eek:

#27     Aug 23, 2002
  8. ib doen not care if you have 1m in your account there customer service sucks

#28     Aug 23, 2002
  9. TorontoTrader,

Obviously, merchants and all major businesses are going to make sure that the one's who do the most business with them are first in line with any problems. It is the nature of the game.

If you owned a business and someone had a 15 million dollar account with you, would you go out of your way to attend to their needs first -- even if it meant making some other guy wait in the process? I bet you would.

aphie

#29     Aug 23, 2002
  10. First of all we have been phasing out trading with IB for about a year and a half. Their trade desk for us was never the problem; I think their original desk was excellent and I never sat on hold. However, we did have direct numbers to 4 or 5 people. The problems were management and technical.

Now, in response to your points;

1) Yes, there are obviously fewer high volume traders than average traders.

2) All firms give advantages to high volume traders; including IB.

3) Opinions mean nothing; money (volume) talks.

4) If we count the overall commissions; the average traders will not come out on top.

5) The nature of high volume trading is that you generate more income for them than an average trader; not by a factor of 2 or 3 times, but by 100+ fold.

Now, all I really want is Def or Lipton to tell me about that institutional desk.

#30     Aug 23, 2002