What is your daily commission expense (re: IB)

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by hpex1, Aug 21, 2002.

1. I spend about $1000 per day on commisions and they can care less ( in terms of getting good service). I used to trade prop and thought i would try retail.

Well needless to say I am going back to the prop route. People can say all they want about prop shops, but if you are a true professional i believe that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.

#11     Aug 21, 2002
  2. xtrader

xtrader

Prop is much more crucial to surviving trading than ever before.

Reliability is top priority.

#12     Aug 21, 2002
  3. shneed

shneed

$15200 last month, about $12000 so far this month.

shneed

#13     Aug 21, 2002
  4. smokey_mcPaat

smokey_mcPaat Guest

around $500/ day on commissions, probably average $100-$150 day on bullets- so total around $650/ day.....but i make much more than that :D :D

#14     Aug 21, 2002
  5. trader99

trader99

dude! $15.2K in commission a month? How much are you making a month there net? Gosh, you must be up a lot to be trading so much...

Or are you scalping?

#15     Aug 21, 2002
  6. "I eventually phased them out."

Who do you use now? And what are you paying?

Thanks

#16     Aug 21, 2002
  7. shneed

shneed

trader99

I only scalp. About 40k.

shneed

#17     Aug 21, 2002
  8. "Instead of paying $8 dollars to execute a trade for 500 shares, you'd pay $5 for the same trade."

Complete straight-through processing and large
    volumes allow low commissions.

U.S. Markets
    (All transaction fees)
    Stocks: $0.01/Share <=500
    $0.005/Share >500 (Incremental)
    $0.02/VWAP Share
    Options: $1.00/Contract
    Futures: $2.40/Contract

IB ... is the lowest cost and one of the best retail firms
    for the active trader in my opinon.

#18     Aug 21, 2002
  9. Some of you who have the big commission cost seem to think that you should get better treatment at IB then customer who doesnt have the high commission cost.

When you call into IB your gonna be put in a qued just like everyone else, if that guy ahead of you trade once a month he should have equal privileges as you.

So really the only person who gives a rat ass about your high commission cost is you, it should have no bearing on the functionality of IB or its customer representatives.

#19     Aug 22, 2002
  10. You have got to be kidding; and anyone who trades size at IB or anywhere else and is treated like that should be rethinking their relationship.

#20     Aug 22, 2002