What is your BEST preforming indicator

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by picksee02, May 3, 2009.

1. Here is an example of a rather accurate automated trade using a system that measures the intermediate highs and lows of the spoos against a divergence formula that compares whether the Vix is divergent along with whether the MACD is trending in agreement with the Divergence on 3 independent data feeds. A Detrended Price Oscillator is used for measuring divergence. The MACD is then placed on the ES, Vix and ADSPD. Its kinda complicated but man is it good. This was on an otherwise very frustrating day trying to determine what direction this market was going.

#41     May 11, 2009
  2. BoSoxFan

BoSoxFan

I use:
    1) 5min, 15min & daily charts. Keep an eye on the moving averages. Specially the 100 & 200 MA on the daily chart.

2) Daily pivot points on the 5min chart. On the 15 or 30 min chart i use the daily AND weekly pivots points. On the daily chart I use the Monthly pivot points.

3)I superimpose stochastics (8(3)3) over the volume on the 5 min chart. I find that volume is an GREAT indicator of direction.

I hope this helps..but remember you have to "play" around with some indicators and in time you yourself will know what works for you!

PS
    Since you stated that you are new to trade. Remember..never think of how much you can make in trade ALWAYS define your loss, ie how much you're willing to lose in a trade.

Place your stop loss IMMEDIATELY after your trade and DO NOT change it. Stick to your rules!!!

Best of Luck
    Elmer

#42     May 11, 2009
  3. These next 3 screen shots cover almost an entire day. The ES is being plotted on a 25 tick bar chart where the results of numerous calculations are being fed.

The MACD and Detrended Price Oscillator are calculated on a string of different tick bar intervals and on multiple data streams.

ES tick intervals include 50,100,300,500,700, 1000.
    ADSPD intervals include 6, 76,100, 200
    Vix intervals are simply 1 tick

The colored bars on the chart indicate how many of the 6 ES tick intervals have MACD Trends agreeing at the same time.

The first screen shows on the 3-5 long signal the low was nailed and no short signals occurred untill the high of the day where the system shorted. Granted the first few longs were stopped out.

#43     May 11, 2009
  4. 5/11/09c
    Short signals were added to but no long signals occurred.

#44     May 11, 2009
  5. Finally about the last 1/2 hour of the day, the long signals occurred. None of this used divergence which is shown in a previous screen shot which nailed the low.

So yeah I like this single indicator. Its pricey but wow. Versatile as heck.

#45     May 11, 2009

6. What you gotta do is this:

Plot your stock/future using a 100-tick chart, put on the 18 & 36 day exponential moving averages, BUT KEEP YOUR EYE ON VOLUME!

Look at your (slow) stochastic oscillator & if the RSI confirms overbought/oversold territory, confirm it with you fibonacci retracement level.

The markets naturally & automatically stop/reverse at 50% 38.2% and 61.8% EVERY TIME.

So if your fibonacci confirms, get Elliot Wave on the phone & see if he's buying selling.

If he is, FLIP A FREAKIN' COIN!

'Cause those are your odds with these idiotic indicators.

#46     May 11, 2009
  7. monti1a

monti1a

ROFLMAO

so true.

You forgot...

Don't forget to look at the 13-minute, 44-minute, and 81-minute charts to see if they confirm.

If they do, look at the PREM to see if it's going sideways.

If it is, enter when the tea pot starts whistling :D

#47     May 11, 2009
  8. Charly

Charly

Is it this?:

http://www.rsksys.com/reversals.html

#48     May 11, 2009
  9. Now that is why I keep coming back to ET. Almost sprayed iced tea out my nose reading that. :D

#49     May 11, 2009
  10. ====================
    Lots of paperwork, price in particular.
    real estae in particular:cool:

#50     May 11, 2009