what is wrong with my system?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by drcha, Dec 22, 2010.

1. drcha

drcha

Thank you for your comments.

If people with 10K are the clientele, it would make no sense for them to pay $50 for my system. It is a conservative, long-term system for which I do not expect the long-term return to exceed 18%. So person trading $10K would end up paying a third of their profit to me, which is ridiculous. People trading so little capital are not appropriate candidates for the system. If that is truly the clientele on the site, then I do not belong there.

There are very few trades, they are all on liquid instruments, and they are all market orders. So execution should be very good. I suppose commissions are an individual matter.

#31     Dec 28, 2010
  2. "It is a conservative, long-term system for which I do not expect the long-term return to exceed 18%"

What do you consider long term?

#32     Dec 28, 2010
  3. drcha

drcha

Average trade length is around 90-100 days. But the distribution of holding times is bimodal: several with much longer holding periods, and almost half with less than a month.

#33     Dec 28, 2010
  4. And that is PRECISELY why Matthew is the only one to benefit from C2...the $50 a month is before he yanks 30%....now you will be lucky to take your wife out to a nice restaurant once a month with the residue...

NiN

#34     Dec 28, 2010
  5. RobertG

RobertG

If I had an automated system I would not run it via a server, better to give it as a protected code to a reliable broker to execute in house.

#35     Feb 5, 2011
  6. The point of Collective2 was to connect system vendors and retail investors.
    I don't understand what you are thinking, RobertG.

#36     Feb 5, 2011
  7. The point is that Matthew will benefit by getting 30% of the monthly 'rental' and give the investor every opportunity to 'jump ship' within the 30 days and pay nothing if they are so inclined...Matthew will then miss out on his 30% ,but has already secured his gain by providing the service for a subscription (s)...

Matthew (C2)...win ...win

Investor...win

Vendor...win.. minus 30% of monthly if the investor follows through..

NiN

#37     Feb 5, 2011
  8. RobertG

RobertG

I am talking about execution and latency.
    Vendors who sell their system have nothing to do with what I said.
    C2 could have a vendor that is executing from home to a server and the server sends it to your brokerage account. This can amount to used slippage where day trading programs could show tremendous upside when in fact by the time execution occurs the results might be different.
    If you like a system or a vendor ask them how it is executed.

#38     Feb 6, 2011
  9. Lucias

Lucias

Hello Drcha,

I've been at C2 for over 1 year and my discretionary system is currently one of only 2 that shows up when searching for "hidden gems" with survivors and futures selected.

My feeling is that c2 subscribers are looking for amazing returns or name-brand. I honestly doubt many of the systems really have paying subscribers. It is a herd type of mentality there.

You need some "aura" and very high returns. While 30% in the real-world is great, at c2 most are looking for probably 50% to 100% returns minimum -- granted few, if any subscribers will achieve that. My newest 100% mechanical system, for example, has returned 80% annual over the most recent several years and IF it does this well in the future then perhaps someone will subscribe to it.

Are you trading your system with your own cash? If you aren't that could be a problem -- perhaps that is my problem. Most subscribers will probably want to see real auto-trade data.

I will give you this advise:

1. 200k is too much. You are saying you MUST have 200k to trade my system. Reduce it to the lowest amount possible. I made a similar mistake when I started mine.
    2. $50 is too cheap. If your system doesn't justify at least $100 to $250/month fees it is probably not going to be valued.
    3. 5 months is plenty of time
    4. You need to do something to qualify and demonstrate you are a serious professional. A lot of C2 folks have been burned. How are you going to demonstrate that you are serious?
    5. You need to think what subscribers WANT.
    6. Don't expect too much.

#39     Feb 6, 2011