what is wrong with my system?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by drcha, Dec 22, 2010.

1. drcha

drcha

Yes, I am trading it myself, with good results.

#21     Dec 27, 2010
  2. Why are you worrying about something like C2? You say you're a Doctor and you know other doctors that make Bank, so if you truely have a great system, then market it to people that have plenty of risk capital that you know, such as doctors.

#22     Dec 27, 2010
  3. drcha

drcha

I want some separation here. I can market to my friends and family, but I do not think it is a particularly good idea, for obvious reasons.

#23     Dec 27, 2010
  4. But you say it's profitable. There is always prop firms. I bet $200,000 would give you a lot of buying power.

#24     Dec 27, 2010
  5. drcha

drcha

I am already trading way more than that amount with it.

Not interested in making a career of it--just want to see if I can market something somehow, in a way that does not require me to deal with certifications, legal entanglements, etc. Mainly, to see if I can do it. I don't expect to make much at it.

#25     Dec 27, 2010
  6. fjpenney

fjpenney

C2, as you know, permits you to avoid the legal complications and required certifications of providing financial advice as you are really a publisher of trades on C2. Another option is Covestor

You say that you are trading far more than $200K. If so, the amount that you can expect to receive in subscription fees with your system is miniscule compared to the capital gains you could achieve with a good system. The annual average hedge return is around 12.25% so if you matched that with an initial account size of $200k you would make $24,500 annually. In order to match that with C2 subscription fees selling for $50/month (30% of which C2 retains), you would have to get 58 subscribers. In order to get that number of subscribers, your system has to prove itself and that takes years to achieve in the opinion of many investors.

#26     Dec 27, 2010
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Here is what could be problematic:

1. Not enough trades (19 only) for evaluating the system. Half of them are losers.
    2. A 5% DD, for some people that might be too big.
    3. A better, more clear system description wouldn't hurt.
    4. Too many trading instruments and the holding periods vary a lot. People like simplicity.
    5. The correlation with the market is too high, and some people would like to see a system's performance in all kind of times. So far you only traded it in a bull run.
    6. Competition. I didn't look, but there could be a similar but better,simpler system there that takes away your possible subscribers.

Would anyone having 100K or more to invest, trust a system charging only $50 a month? You are making me 30K a year and want only $600 in return?

As I mentioned in the C2 thread, it is really hard to make decent money as a vendor on C2. You can make a few hundred bucks, but it is usually not worth the time... And competition is only good for subscribers, not for vendors...

#27     Dec 27, 2010
  8. And NOW we are cutting to the chase.....

Trade your system for yourself and you will be justly rewarded personally....ancillary benefits will come in due course..

NiN

#28     Dec 27, 2010
  9. drcha

drcha

Thank you.

There are definitely better systems if you are looking only at returns to date and not at drawdowns or possible drawdowns.

Yes, it is very early. I expect half losers--the system description says so.

#29     Dec 27, 2010
  10. RobertG

RobertG

You started from the premise that Matthew is not interested in helping you out, but did you think for a minute about the clientele of the site?
    $200K? This is not something that he can easily help you out with.

Most of the guys there are small accounts, who must be looking for something that would fit their capital. Guys with more money who do system, or automated trading would be very concerned about execution of the systems, slippage and the commissions associated with each transaction. The slippage can occur because of the way execution latency functions from vendor to client.

TO be a little more practical with the C2 clientele drop your minimum to 10K or lower and might start getting guys over time. Once you have your first clients you should see how the execution goes and how commissions affect their trading.
    This would give you a better picture if C2 is for you.

Robert

#30     Dec 28, 2010