what is wrong with my system?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by drcha, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Do you know why (based on what criteria) your system is displayed on the front page of c2 hot systems (trading stocks)?

#11     Dec 23, 2010
  2. drcha

drcha

Max DD < 50%
    Sharpe > 0.30
    Realism > 0.25
    Avg. adverse trade DD < 15% of equity
    Return over last 30 days > 0.8%
    More than 8 trades made
    System age 3 wks or older
    Risk of 20% acct loss < 20%
    Keep after slippage > 50%

#12     Dec 23, 2010
  3. drcha

drcha

#13     Dec 23, 2010
  4. drcha

drcha

NetTecture,
    they are just etfs--the system is for someone who has 60 seconds each day to trade--they are position trades with an average holding period of about 90 days

#14     Dec 23, 2010
  5. Which ETFs? Are you sure you're trading only the most liquid ones?

#15     Dec 26, 2010
  6. fjpenney

fjpenney

My "Trend Trading" system is five months old and is the fourth most popular long term stock trading system. I have subscribers and my experience with C2 has been positive.

I suspect the biggest obstacle you currently face is the short period of time your system has been on C2. I know of a number of investors on the site who prefer to consider only trading systems that have been around for at least two years. If you focus on getting subscribers then your effort is misplaced in my opinion. Design and execute a winning trading system and the subscribers will follow.

#16     Dec 26, 2010
  7. The starting equity in your system is a big problem too. Alot of potential subscribers with smaller amts of money are probably getting the wrong idea bcuz of it. You really don't need to change the trades, Just post a notice saying that lower starting equities (min $5000.00) for example will work too as long as they use the correct risk/reward parameters.

** Possible added incentive to subscribers: make a promise not charge them the monthly fee if the system doesnt produce a pos return on any month. Just an idea..

#17     Dec 26, 2010
  8. If your system works why not just trade it? Why try to sell a signal in the first place?

#18     Dec 26, 2010
  9. drcha

drcha

Thank you. I don't really understand. The system is also five months old, and it is doing well.

#19     Dec 27, 2010
  10. drcha

drcha

thank you

#20     Dec 27, 2010