what is wrong with IB today

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by chewbacca, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Sound like even trademaven has IB beat these days for reliability..what happened to IB??? :eek: :eek:

#31     Nov 6, 2007
  2. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

If you are experiencing login/crashing problems please PM me so we can get details and assist.

#32     Nov 6, 2007
  3. My guess is most of the people who complain about IB have not had much experience with other brokers. All brokers have their problems. For those of you complaining about IB charts , if you were serious about trading you would have other options to use for charts.

#33     Nov 6, 2007
  4. GTC

GTC

I think it is other way around. Note that IB requires some experience even to open an account. We still should help IB to sort out the problem unless it takes too much effort during the trading hours.

#34     Nov 6, 2007
  5. Bob111

Bob111

DAV, very long time ago i asked question about IDEAL executions on stocks,which was never been answered by IB.-did IB report those executions anywhere? today,i got stopped and close my position @ lowest price of the day on one stock, but in TWS low did not change,last did not change,TWS sound alarms never been triggered until few other trades passed by at same price on INET.i notice this,because i have MB running right next to TWS.
    i'm talking about specifically highs\lows of the day.

#35     Nov 6, 2007
  6. rayl

rayl

Yesterday (11/5), I did see a login issue -- hung after entering the response to the challenge. But a 2nd attempt (after killing that java instance) worked. I assumed it was my end but I guess maybe not.

Today, I am seeing a few occassional pinkout/reconnects (maybe 5 or 6 since market open?) -- and after turning on monitoring of my IP connection, it does not look like to be my connection's fault.

But nothing disruptive enough to open ticket / call. Just sawed this thread so thought I'd add a datum point.

#36     Nov 6, 2007