What is wrong at Briefing.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by lp3yc, Mar 22, 2006.

1. lp3yc

lp3yc

Over the last few months I have noticed more and more errors creeping in to Briefing.

What is the deal? Does anyone know?

2. alanm

alanm

Me too, but I've noticed more and more typos on DJ, too. At least they don't get dyslexic with tickers, though that might provide some trading opportunities :)

From the types of errors, I believe it is due to the presence of more non-native-English-writers on their staffs.

3. lp3yc

lp3yc

yeah but their simple data is screwed up half the time as well. Interesting to see that nasdaq total volume yesteday was 236!! instead of 2232 (from nasdaq.com)

When these errors keep creeping in you wonder how much of the other data is off

4. alanm

alanm

The only thing I rely on from them is their Live InPlay, erns calendar, and splits calendar. Their other stuff hasn't been very accurate, so I use other sources.

5. lp3yc

lp3yc

Even the Earnings stuff was screwed up in January

6. alanm

alanm

It was OK for me, but I trade pretty much just big-caps. There are usually about 1-2 mistakes a month, but those have always been the fault of the reporting company when I've bothered to track them down. Yahoo is hopelessly AFU by comparison.

7. i've used briefing for 8 years. the only problem i see vs a squawk box is it takes 2 or 3 minutes for them to report earnings. they have earfnings that report on another sitet is it within seconds and were is it on there site?

8. Briefing's reporters are getting overworked, I think,

Stacy

9. alanm

alanm

I get erns from the source - DJ/Comtex/BizWire tape. Everyone else is late. Although, Briefing, when they're on top of things, can get through the analysis before me. If I cared about speed, I supposed I'd write something to parse the articles off the tape, but I'm generally not trying to make a fundamental call on those stocks - too much other info to consider, so it doesn't matter.

10. lp3yc

lp3yc

No earnings on the calander at Briefing for today.

No One listens, no one cares

#10     Mar 24, 2006