What is Web3?

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by themickey, May 5, 2022.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

And yet Bitcoin is still here more than a decade later.

#51     May 12, 2022
    Tokenz likes this.
  2. Tokenz

Tokenz

The dollar is supposed to be stable as expected. Bitcoin volatile, as expected.

Never said you couldn't buy anything with Bitcoin in the future. You can buy money with Bitcoin, how does that sound?

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that Bitcoin prices are cheap and I can buy more. If I could slap you in the face for asking that, I would.

I'm buying Bitcoin.

You should go hang out in the stock section, you would probably fare better there. You don't ever see me in the options section telling everyone how options is going to zero.

#52     May 12, 2022
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I still don’t understand why you got so belligerent when I questioned some of the stuff with crypto.

If you came to the options forum and made that statement I wouldn’t threaten to slap you.

If Bitcoin is so obviously cheap, you should be able to clearly and maturely explain why. But you can’t…..

#53     May 12, 2022
  4. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

Yeah so true mate, its hard to see how it will go but i suppose we have to look for fundamental markers that show it has the potential. I love the idea of it for sure

#54     May 16, 2022
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

that will probably take some vision in betting on the right technologies, skill in determining which development teams will succeed, diversification among those teams, and some luck.

That is what I think the formula was for the VC’s during the dotcom and web2.0.

#55     May 17, 2022
    LuckyMac likes this.
  6. Specterx

Specterx

Nonsense. Even at this ostensibly early stage, practical web3 usage already relies on the apps and services of a handful of "gateway" firms in a manner that's less secure, less private, and less distributed than web2 - akin to not just using Gmail and Google search, but routing all your URL requests through Google. See e.g. here: https://moxie.org/2022/01/07/web3-first-impressions.html

#56     May 17, 2022
  7. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

100% agree, like i am going to create a due diligence spreadsheet with collated stipulations to give the most probabilistic factors for a project to succeed and if it meets these then i will proceed. Treat it like a proper business. If risk management is good and only a % of your bank goes in to diversify we have a really good chance of making money in the long term imo

#57     May 17, 2022
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I don’t know if there’s a lot of money to be made. There’s a lot of speculation now. Maybe the best analogy is the cannabis industry. Whose making money at this point except some private equity type guys?

#58     May 17, 2022
    LuckyMac likes this.
  9. You are right but still the world is going to adopt web 3.0 technology.

#59     May 17, 2022
  10. LuckyMac

LuckyMac

Yeah very true, i suppose its slightly different as places like Web3 and Defi have their own little eco systems that can be profitable as a subset of the greater product. The thing is this breeds scammers and ponzis so its particularly hard to get it right unless followed like a business maybe?

#60     May 20, 2022