What is up with these SUB Penny's?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Surdo, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

What is up with these sub pennies on TradeStation? Their Fx quotes go out to 5 decimals now?

This is horseshit, do any of the other bucketshop Fx brokers do this. I trade Fx futures but use the CASH as a barometer, this is still annoying to look at.

el surdo

2. Hi Surdo,

What's the problem with that? It is narrowing the spreads. IB will quote 1/2 pips on many markets now and has for a while. Oanda has also been quoting > 4 decimals for quite a while.

My best regards,
    MK

3. Surdo

Surdo

I see EURUSD are 1.6 PIP spread now!
    Futures are still 1 PIP spread.

el surdo

4. Right, well you need to take into account liquidity right now. Price it again once Europe opens, or while USA is open. Euro spot market on IB will very often be .5 pip

Oanda normal non news spread on euro is 1.2

Best regards,
    MK

5. Marketmakers who aggregate their own quotes out of multiple sources are of course more flexible than exchanges that have standardized contracts (minimum ticksize as in the contract specification). For example on Barclays Barx platform you can often trade the eur/usd with a 0.7 pip spread (all in).

6. Surdo

Surdo

I use the SPOT market to trade Fx Futures and am quite happy to have gotten rid of the 5th decimal place today on TS Fx!

Now TS rounds the 4th digit now.

el surdo