What is up with IB margin, how dare they entrap people

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by C- kid, Jul 3, 2008.

1. C- kid

C- kid

OldTrader

it doesn't matter where the page comes from

all that matters is that when you execute future car on IB in the middle of trading day

you are using overnight margin rate

simple as that

#11     Jul 4, 2008
  2. Of course it matters where the page comes from. Because it doesn't exist as a part of the regular IB website information on margin.

When you execute a futures contract mid-day, you're using intraday rates as set forth on the webpage I linked.

Somehow, you managed to take a relatively easy matter, confuse yourself over it, then mislead everyone else, and then accuse IB. Nice job. LOL. Or as you said, check your facts.

OldTrader

#12     Jul 4, 2008
  3. C- kid

C- kid

go back to your cave you idiot and keep up with changes

#13     Jul 5, 2008
  4. cvds16

cvds16

Simply not true !
    know what you are talking about if you want to have a big mouth ...

#14     Jul 5, 2008
  5. rcj

rcj

The link C-Kid gave is from the Canadian IB site.

Links Oldie put up are from US site.

#15     Jul 5, 2008
  6. C- kid

C- kid

LOOK BUD

first open up an IB account and then talk to me

wise ass

#16     Jul 5, 2008
  7. cvds16

cvds16

I have an IB account ! I know what I am talking about ...

#17     Jul 5, 2008
  8. cvds16

cvds16

Let me add to this: they did this as a precautionary measure last summer, for about two months, at that time it was clearly indicated on their website, this rule doesn't apply anymore except in oil.
    All of this you would know if you actually traded, whiner ! (hey, I can do it too, using big words !)

And anyway what's your point, they can do as they want to protect their firm. I acutally want them to do this in extreme circumstances, that way I can be assured my money is safe.

If (big if) you actually trade => start trading better, so you will have a bigger account and your margin won't pose any problems anymore. Nobody in their right minds uses only intraday margin to enter a position anyway unless one has lots to learn, and will learn in a real painfull way.

#18     Jul 5, 2008
  9. LMAO! C-kid is a moron, but ya gotta love guys like this because they're easy to take money from.

#19     Jul 5, 2008
  10. cstfx

cstfx

And what does this thread have to do with index trading? If you can't even manage to post in the right section, well...

#20     Jul 5, 2008