What is up with IB margin, how dare they entrap people

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by C- kid, Jul 3, 2008.

1. C- kid

C- kid

How can IB post on their Margin Page intraday and overnight rates for futures

WHEN

they post on another page

"we are temporarily suspending intraday rates for futures"

this is entrapment for people

and here is the big kicker, that was done over a year ago LOL

2. Tums

Tums

People who only can afford intra-day margin should not be trading.

3. C- kid

C- kid

Tums you don't understand trading it seems to me

4. ... :D

5. Tums,

Providing us with liquidity is good. They should be trading. In fact, every idiot and his brother should be.

Hmmm ... judging by ET they are so my wish has been granted.

6. ... :D

7. ids

ids

Margins on the Futures Margins page are correct. It includes intraday margins.

8. C- kid

C- kid

9. I see what your link says. Unfortunately, I cannot find your link on my own by going to the Interactive Brokers home page.

For instance, here are the links I find:

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/marginRequirements/margin.php?p=f&ib_entity=llc

http://individuals.interactivebrokers.com/en/trading/marginRequirements/margin.php?p=f&ib_entity=llc

Note neither of these pages show what your link shows.

In fact, your page does not show the tabs that exist across the IB futures margin page.

So perhaps you can explain to me how you located the page you have linked. I am unable to find it on my own. That way I can check the facts as you suggest.

OldTrader

EDIT: The second link was intended to be a link to "Futures- Intraday Margin Requirements" that is a link located on the page found via the first link. For some reason, the link is not leading to that spot. Therefore, you can click on it to see what the page says. The point was that your page in not found either place. So again, the question becomes where is your page found?

#10     Jul 4, 2008