What is up with ethanol

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by thehangingman, Jan 1, 2007.

1. I doubt it. It's down over 6% today already. I think this is typical micro cap trading noise on thin volume.

TS

#31     Jan 18, 2007
  2. What do you think Trend? DSTI still moving up annother 11%??

Hangingman took a desperate stab at VSN....

#32     Feb 7, 2007
  3. Volume has tripled its 10 day average. Someone is taking larger interests - probably the underwriters so they can start to influence the company. Check out the news on the company - they are restructuring debt and got a court order to circumvent shareholders to issue new stock class. All signs point to some kind of power and control struggle. I would not take any position here without doing more research irrespective of the patterns since it looks like the board of directors is disrespectful to shareholders desires. But sometimes that can be good since they are bucking them so much that it implies directors and controlling management have some equity interest in the company with ratified value (by the fact that they went to the trouble to get the court order to reissue stock). Somethings up - it might be worth a speculative play since a few pennies increase in price on a thin volume gap up is a huge profit percentage wise.

Its not my style though so I am staying away...
    TS

#33     Feb 7, 2007
  4. #34     Oct 23, 2007