what is transactional analysis?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by gigabyte, Jul 11, 2006.

1. gigabyte

gigabyte

I want to earn some information about transactional analysis.Are there books about it? Can you tell me how transactional analysis is teaching?Please help me.

2. OnlyIf

OnlyIf

The classically approachable and populist book was called "I'm OK, You're OK"

3. gigabyte

gigabyte

Dear my friend Onlyif
    Thanks for your answering.
    Is it a book name?
    I have another question about TA.Are you know persons who teach TA or can you introduce me some sites or organizations which activate in this field.
    Thanks for your helping.

4. OnlyIf

OnlyIf

5. Cheese

Cheese

Amazing as it may seem most of the failure in trading is because existing traders or wannabes decide what they really want is to be a loser. Its not that they say that but it is what they need to do. They need to confirm their identity as a loser.

This appears to correspond to Transactional Analysis, principally that many "decide they are not OK and will fail in some way."
    :)

6. This is truly amazing!

In my book, "existing traders or wannabes deciding what they really want is to be a winner", is FAR FROM SUFFICIENT!

:D

7. Eric Berne was the author and creator of

I'm OK, Your So-So"

Published by Random House

He believed that people should never outlive their parents, and judging from your posts, I have to agree.

Good luck

Steve

8. OnlyIf

OnlyIf

From a TA perspective this is an interesting post.

The poster pretends to post from the adult perspective but is really running a game from his or her malicious child.

9. Dr. Berne did not consider the child part of our personality malicious, but simply mischevious. Now who is running the game Mr. Authority?

10. Easy answer is to head for Eric Berne's website (the originator of TA):

http://www.ericberne.com/

Essentially, transactional analysis addresses the transactions between and among people and how the participants get what they want from those transactions. "Games" and game theory are a large part of TA, as well as the "scripts" we write for ourselves and live by, and the three inner voices -- parent, child, and adult -- with which we speak (the latter are to an extent similar to the id, ego, and super-ego).

#10     Jul 11, 2006