"What Is Trading?"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rogue Trader, Sep 2, 2002.

1. dottom

dottom

Have to agree with metooxx. Trading is about making money, period. You decide on risk.

The rest is mumbo-jumbo, feel-good wannabe trader speak that sounds good for an interview or book but otherwise won't help you.

#61     Nov 19, 2002
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Bingo........:D

#62     Nov 19, 2002
  3. What is trading?

Trading is often something like this:

#63     Nov 19, 2002

4. so life is basically a contest?

#64     Nov 19, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Life....is to each a different thing...so to answer your question.....yes, no, maybe, sometimes, always.....peace

#65     Nov 19, 2002
  6. Being the best you can be does not mean you have to be better than someone else ...

#66     Nov 19, 2002
  7. Te'

Te' Guest

Meetoox and Dottom you guys are both pretty lame :(

You are both mechanical traders, no? Why would you expect a discretionary traders written experience to be consistent with your own? You guys program software and hardware to make your desciosions and carryout your actions. You took the human elemant out of your game...

Some don't rely on speed, commissions or volume Meetoox and d some of us dont program a computer to attempt to scalp 1/2's or 1pt from the ES dottom...

Meetoox, maybe you can serperate trading and life, but for me trading is life. This shit aint a hobby or just some 9-5 job for some...

Whatever though, to each his own...

#67     Nov 19, 2002
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

so, if trading where to one day cease to exist...whould you still have a life?????? :confused:

#68     Nov 19, 2002
  9. And trading is about making money. Therefore, your life is about making money?

:p

#69     Nov 19, 2002
  10. Market: "You expected me to fool you, didn't you?"

Trader: "Yes."

Market: "But I didn't, did I?"

Trader: "No."

Market: "But you expected me to, didn't you?"

Trader: "Yes."

Market: "So I fooled you, didn't I?"

Trader: "??????????.........."

#70     Nov 19, 2002