"What Is Trading?"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Rogue Trader, Sep 2, 2002.

1. J_Commisso, keep'em coming.

Trading is knowing that sometimes you fail the rules

Trading is knowing that sometimes the rules fail you

Trading is distinguishing between bad trades and bad trading methods

#31     Sep 22, 2002
  2. Trading is the realization that all of your attempts to be without a "boss" were in vain -- for you have found the most willfull one of all...

#32     Sep 22, 2002
  3. Hey... You callin' me a Bounded Utility Maximizer? :mad:

Well Maximize THIS Mo Fo

(just kidding, that is probably my all time favorite description of the markets:D )

#33     Sep 22, 2002
  4. Now it would also be interested to learn what "trading is not" to each of us. :) Carol

#34     Sep 23, 2002
  5. Your expression reminds me sooo much of one of my favorate quotes from Shaw and rings sooo true with my own personal journey in this game :)

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not."

I hope you keep up the great posts Rogue,
    Commisso

#35     Sep 23, 2002
  6. Sometimes when trading is going poorly,:( I feel like an unbounded-irrational utility-minimizer.:eek:

Wishing unbounded profits for the irrationally exuberant,
    Traden4Alpha

#36     Sep 23, 2002
  7. OK, I gotta add mine...

"Trading is as simple as you'll let it be, or as difficult as you want to make it"....DB

Although, I did read every single page here....some interesting thoughts.....

Don

#37     Sep 23, 2002
  8. Don,

Nice contribution :) I couldn't agree more with Einstein when he said "Everything should be made as simple as possible..."

Although, I am a little confused as to why you ended your post with "Although"? Do you feel that this thread and the expressions made on it somehow conflict with the meaning of your quote :confused:

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#38     Sep 23, 2002
  9. Does he agree with me?

LOL

Edit::D

I just wanted to add a smiley face.

#39     Sep 23, 2002
  10. WDGann,

I don't get your beef with me expressing my experience on this thread.

You make it sound as if I sat back with a pad and pen, philosophised over what the game may be and then tried to go out there manifesting these ideas with my actions...:confused:

Nothing could be further from the truth -- The words did not create my game; instead the game created my words. What I posted here was nothing more than an expression of my actual experience...

How does a trader make things more difficult on himself by taking sometime to reflect and express his experience with the game?

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#40     Sep 23, 2002