What is trading software?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by vguy, Dec 21, 2006.

1. vguy

vguy

Hi igor, Thank you for your advice. I checked out the books in BAMM. All technical analysis books are overwelming. I decided to buy "A Beginners guide for Short term trading by Toni turner". Let me start with this book. I am putting off the decision to buy any software as of now.

#11     Dec 28, 2006
  2. vguy

vguy

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I am trading stocks and ETFs.

#12     Dec 28, 2006
  3. vguy

vguy

What is Flomax? Is it a trading software?

#13     Dec 28, 2006
  4. What a bunch of garbage!

If you made any serious money trading you wouldn't be wasting time writing 1000 words per post. Sure seems like you're selling something.

I wonder what it is? Oh do tell us, master.

#14     Dec 28, 2006
  5. What a bunch of garbage!

If you made any serious money trading you wouldn't be wasting time writing 1000 words per post. Sure seems like you're selling something.

I wonder what it is? Oh do tell us, master.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take it easy dude! He has nothing to sell, he gives!! Learn to differentiate!!!

#15     Dec 28, 2006
  6. Tums

Tums

that applies to you too, If you made any serious money trading you wouldn't be wasting time writing posts here.

;-)

#16     Dec 30, 2006
  7. I use software to back test my trading methods and learn if the idea is profitable.

Software allows me to compare different trading methods. I prefer some methods over others.

I believe software helps me avoid losses. The cost of software is less than one big loss. I think software is worthwhile.

#17     Dec 30, 2006
  8. Jack Hershey has many good ideas and I appreciate his presence at EliteTrader.com.

#18     Dec 30, 2006
  9. lol... FLOMAX is a drug to help you pee (it's for men who have enlarged prostate glands!). Gotta love ET for throwing a curveball to a serious punter asking a serious question.:D

#19     Feb 10, 2007
  10. I'm not going to go into what trading software is - there are already plenty of posts here. What's important is that you have a strategy and methodology to apply to whatever software you choose. Software isn't a magic bullet. For each person that uses a software package, there is a different method.

I'd encourage you to learn as much as you can - read, talk to successful traders, etc. - and you'll eventually find a methodology that's right for you - your personality, timeframe and time commitment. Software's just a tool. You have to make the decisions.

Pete

#20     Apr 11, 2007