What Is TradeBolt

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TradeBolt, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Thanks for your help. I did send them an e-mail regarding their product. I did not see anything on their Web site that there product works with MetaStock. I am hoping they can assist me with my challenge.

JB

#41     Jan 17, 2007
  2. it has a DLL interface that you can connect o meta-stock

#42     Jan 17, 2007
  3. AnnaFX

AnnaFX

I just checked out collective2, cool site! I didn\'t know places like this existed. this is a pretty
    exhaustive database of trading systems with historic data on how the system performed over time. I especially like that they verify all performance claims based on real-time data.

#43     Feb 5, 2007
  4. #44     Feb 14, 2007
  5. It disappeared once in the past if my memory serves.
    Now it disappear again. They may have gone bankrupt since they try to charge us on every trade, which I think is crazy.

It is not a reliable company. Stay away from it.

#45     Feb 14, 2007
  6. Colaeus

Colaeus

What APIs is TradeBolt currently working with?

#46     Mar 11, 2007
  7. edbar

edbar

#47     Mar 11, 2007
  8. edbar

edbar

#48     Mar 25, 2007
  9. edbar

edbar

I can relate to your hesistation.

Worrying about the automated system buying tooooo much stock or going Long while the market is crashing, etc. "Points of failure", if you will.

Those were the kinds of concerns I heard back in 2000 and 2001. However, in all of these years and thousands of members running CoolTrade fully automated traders, we have never heard of a single instance where any of it happened. The system has numerous controls built-in to prevent such occurances.

I was nervous when I turned on my first automated trader in 2001 and walked out of the house. I remember dropping my kids off at school and then running in the library to see how my automated traders were doing via the internet. Now I run 5 automated traders trading through TD AMERITRADE, MB Trading, and Interactive Brokers, and I probably only glance at them about once a week.

Once you starting running it and see that you have amazing control over everything that it is doing, you will see that it is an extention of your own trading style, and helping you not jump into the market at the wrong time. It's not a black-box system, where you don't have a clue of what it is doing. It comes with a full built-in live simulator so you can see everything it is doing in simulator mode, for days, weeks, or months, until you are confident in the software and you like the profits it generates, before you ever let it run in live mode connected to a broker.

It's not like you are going to turn it on the first day you download the software and have it trading with real money at a broker.
    However, many times people turn it on and see it make $800 on the first day and immediately want to go live. They call the office and say, "how to I go live" right now. Obviously I try to talk them down and virtually beg them to wait at least a week until they understand all that it is doing. With Interactive Brokers, they had to configure the broker's software to talk to CoolTrade, so a lot of people do call before going live. However, with TD AMERITRADE and MB Trading, going live, if you already have a brokerage account, is accomplished with the click of one button, without having to install any additional software.

If you do decide to try it for a month, use this link. You don't have to have a brokerage account with TD AMERITRADE to use the link and get the monthly subscription fee reduced to $39.99/mo.

https://www.cool-trade.com/Default.asp?tda=y

Best to you!

Ed

#49     Apr 6, 2007
  10. Ed, since all your posts are about CoolTrade, I wonder if you are associated with them? If so, I would suggest to add features such that it can auto-trade Collective2 systems (see: www.collective2.com) similar to TradeBullet.

#50     Apr 6, 2007