What Is TradeBolt

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by TradeBolt, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Automating a couple strategies I have through IB. Their API is document-deficient... :D

Also, does it have back-testing capabilities, or is it execution only?

Thanks,

TNG

#21     Oct 31, 2006
  2. IGolf

IGolf

Does Tradebolt work with Trade-Ideas? Can I use their alerts as entry and exit signals? Now that they have the Odds Maker that would be sick!

#22     Oct 31, 2006
  3. TradeBolt

TradeBolt TradeBolt, LLC

Hi TNG

The back-testing capabilities would reside in the charting software you're using to generate the trades. TradeBolt doesn't offer back-testing functionality on its own.

IGolf

What kind of alerts does Trade-Ideas give you? We can almost certainly get their alerts automated, if there's something concrete to automate.

Looking at their site, I can't see that they are giving buy and sell alerts. For instance, they seem to predict resistance and that kind of thing, but I'm not seeing any advice to BUY 100 AAPL at MARKET or SELL to CLOSE such and such a position.

It would be possible to generate a strategy that took advantage of the kinds of alerts they DO offer, and we could certainly automate a strategy that did that. Like, I can envision a program that watches your email for alerts from Trade-Ideas, scans them, and then applies the alert information to the strategy logic internal to the program. The program would then send orders to TradeBolt for execution.

Is that the kind of thing you're thinking of? It would be a custom programming project.

Thanks
    TradeBolt

#23     Oct 31, 2006
  4. IGolf

IGolf

Trade-Ideas has a fairly new tool called the Odds Maker which I use to build trading strategies in real time using their alerts as entry signals and time as exit. All the entries are some sort of alert filter combination whihc happens in realt-time during the day and then I exit based on their rules any time is available from 5 minutes to next open. I attached the pdf for you made that will make more sense.

#24     Oct 31, 2006
  5. TradeBolt

TradeBolt TradeBolt, LLC

Hey IGolf

Thanks for the heads-up. That's an interesting product.

TradeBolt

#25     Nov 1, 2006
  6. IGolf

IGolf

If it works it could be a killer app combo cause I think their OM blows away other testing tools and there is really nothing else like it in terms of systems making on the fly. Good luck :)

#26     Nov 1, 2006
  7. [​IMG]

#27     Dec 7, 2006
  8. dev

dev

Damn, I was about to use that product, it looked like the best out there.

Anyone know why they've ceased trading?

#28     Dec 9, 2006
  9. for what automating your TS systems? Strategyrunner is much better

#29     Dec 9, 2006
  10. dev

dev

It is? Do you mind me asking: in what way?

I don't doubt that it's a good product, but the main bits that put me off about strategy runner are cost-per-trade and the idea of going through their servers.

Tradebolt was only going to be a stop-gap measure until I had my own software built, and apart from cost-per-trade, it would have done everything I wanted.
    With what I would pay SR (or tradebolt) over a month or two, I could have the software written myself and not have to pay 'per-trade' after that.
    Plus I really wanted something that can connect straight to broker/platform from trading machines. I run my own servers.

Tradebolt simply met my requirements more than others.

Having just said all that, I am talking to SR along with other possible solution providers.

#30     Dec 9, 2006