What is to tell an investor when looking for funds?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tonyzhou, Mar 30, 2013.

1. 1245

$22M AUM is very good from any starting point. You are doing better than most. Good luck to you.

#11     Mar 31, 2013
  2. Is anyone on this elite trader registered as a CTA r CPO ? Where can we learn more about you DDoc's if so >

I am not....

#12     Mar 31, 2013
  3. heech

heech

I am a registered CTA / CPO, and I believe several others here are as well.

I'm really not here to raise money and/or gain publicity for myself, just wanting to participate in the conversation + share experiences with others. But if you're extremely curious (or just want to verify if I'm real), you can send me a private message.

#13     Mar 31, 2013
  4. rwk

rwk

Years ago I thought I might want to manage money, so I registered as a CTA. I had a track record and a trading style, but wasn't really clear on how I would build an investor base. What I discovered was that I was the world's most inept salesman, so I withdrew my registration.

Lately I have been again contemplating the question: Is money management something I would want to do? The challenge and potential reward sounds nice, but the marketing and administration do not. Anyway, that is why I have been following this thread and a couple other recent ones on this topic.

Regarding the DDoc, I created my own after reading maybe 7 or 8 other traders' DDocs. It's not all that hard, nor are the registration steps. The NFA can give you the details.

#14     Mar 31, 2013
  5. thanks

if your in the enegy trading/risk management space let me know.

#15     Mar 31, 2013
  6. Tell them it would be alright for them to lose a bit of their wealth.Tell them it purifies:D

#16     Mar 31, 2013