What is this strategy called?

Discussion in 'Options' started by stevenpaul, Sep 22, 2010.

  1. Hi folks,

    What is the following strategy called, if anything?

    XYZ underlier, $100/share:

    - 2 calls @ 110
    + 1 call @ 100
    + 1 put @ 100
    - 2 puts @ 90

    If the minuses and pluses are reversed they call it a wrangler, but I've never spotted a specific name for this sort of double vertical ratio spread. Maybe one of you can coin a name for it and get it listed in the option books, if that idea appeals to anyone.
  2. MTE


    It's still a wrangle. One is a long wrangle and the other is a short.
  3. jamesbp


    It's a brokers dream with all those legs and comms .... would normally be better just to sell the 90/110 strangle ...
  4. heh, some people really make things more complex than necessary.
  5. Carl K

    Carl K