What is this shit, ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Random.Capital, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

You really think that sick f*ck is wasting hours sending this out one at a time. It seems to me a lot of people got them, including names who don't post in p&r that often, Nitro comes to mind off the top of my head.

Maybe we limit the number of different posters you can send a PM to in any given day.

#11     Apr 4, 2011
  2. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Or limit the functionality of newer posters. They already are limiting some posting ability with newbies, they can easily restrict PMs until they reach a certain level (just like they do with the brokers review section).

#12     Apr 4, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

My whole premise got thrown out the window when i realised that you can not PM someone more then once a minute, so like you said, i highly doubt the guy is sitting there by his computer with a timer banging off 60 PM's per hour, even though this guy seems quite demented... One thing i will never understand about this demented troll, is why he doesnt go to Jewish/anti Jewish forums.... It would seem if that is the crap you want to spam you would be much more effective on a forum dedicated either to Jews, or dedicated to anti-semitism.... This guy seems to have developed an obsession with elite trader for whatever reason....

I like what you said about only being allowed to send PM's to a certain number of people per day, In all my time here, I cant even remember sending PM's to more then 3 people in a day, and i know alot of traders off this site, for me personally once i meet a trader i switch to IM in order to talk intraday, So it probably wouldnt hurt anyone who isnt a sponsor to switch to only being able to PM three people per day.

#13     Apr 4, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

He could add members to his buddy list and send a single PM to everyone on the list at once, I think.

#14     Apr 4, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Really? You can do that?

#15     Apr 4, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Shit, you're right. Although it limits you to 5 PM's per batch. Seriously, they need to remove that feature. I can't think of a single reason why a non spammer would have to send out "batches" of PM's. That feature should be available to sponsors only. Baron? Joe? Can you fix that?

#16     Apr 4, 2011
  7. Hello

Hello

WOW, good find, I never even knew that!

#17     Apr 4, 2011
  8. Does it require your permission to be added to his buddy list? If it doesn't, it should.

#18     Apr 4, 2011
  9. byteme

byteme

Even if that is "fixed" it's easy enough to automate spamming people with software.

If it can be clicked it can be automated.

Bingoogle: vbulletin pm spam bot

#19     Apr 5, 2011
  10. Joe

Joe

I brought it down to 1 PM for a user at a time, this should alleviate the issue. Sponsors still have the ability to do 5 at a time.

#20     Apr 5, 2011