What is this shit, ET?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Random.Capital, Apr 4, 2011.

1. It's bad enough I have to constantly add people to the ignore list, now I have to put up with this shit being PMed to me?

ET, please do something about this.

---- as delivered by PM ----

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

thats ckid going nuts again.

3. I got the same PM. Disgusting.

4. Joe

Joe

We banned his account, and IP. Unfortunately, we do not have control over the PMs he sent out.

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me too, obviously the sender has shit for brains and blows well endowed pigs.

6. cstfx

cstfx

Just turn off the PM feature until you need it. Most of the pm's you get on this board are annoyances anyway.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

What do you mean by this? If you ban someone how can they send PM's? Joe, how do you guys send out mass PM's in the first place? Can't you just shut that feature off except for sponsors? Why would any ET member need the ability to spam the entire directory? How are guys doing this?

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Holy fuck Mav, he was banned AFTER he sent out the PMs....

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Perhaps you missed my question. The guy has 10 aliases and he is spamming nightly. Banning him is not solving the problem. What I would like to know, and I asked in my previous post, is how are people able to send out mass PM's? why would this feature even be allowed for any member. I can understand site sponsors having this privilege, but how does an ordinary member have the ability to spam? Can't we just not allow any member outside Baron to send mass PM's?

Pekelo, chill out...please.

10. Hello

Hello

Just a guess, but i dont think it would be to hard for a person to go into a bunch of threads, click the username, click send PM, and then cut and paste it 1 by 1. It would probably only take like a minute to do 10 people, 1 at time......

Mods the way you could solve this is by putting a timer on the amount of PM's someone can send, and only allowing 1 PM every 2 minutes, just like you do for posts, its much less likely that a person needs to send a PM every 2 minutes(unless they are spamming), as opposed to answering a thread every 2 minutes. And in my personal experience I only PM about 10 traders on this site, and rarely PM anyone more then once every 5-10 days, so 2 minutes would seem reasonable.

Anyways just a thought.

Edit: Disregard the thing about limiting PM's per minute, as i just tried spamming myself and I was only allowed to send my self 1 PM per minute, so it appears you guys got this one covered already.

#10     Apr 4, 2011