What is this job called? (asking for help)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bscully27, Oct 31, 2011.

  1. I am looking for a career on wall street and know what duties I would like to perform but am not positive on the title or keywords to search for.
    Asking for a little help on pin-pointing this info.

    My current job guess is "investment strategy researcher".

    Job details in my head:
    I would like to analyze as well as create short term (1 second to 3 week hold) trading strategies in any asset class.
    I enjoy data mining, analytic research, creating statistical models, and backtesting.

    What would this role be called?

    I really appreciate any meaningful assistance.


    You could be looking at a Portfolio Manager position...!