What is this guy doing?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by globalarbtrader, Feb 15, 2021.

1. yc47ib

yc47ib

Thank you, I might take back the control from Fundseeder when I feel somthing is not right, I am assuming it is a Kosher company with all the data security measures, on top of those by IB.

Letting one account growing too big is never a good idea as a trader, IMHO.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    #31     Feb 21, 2021
  2. topdog

topdog

@yc47ib
    So you don't have to disclose traded instruments, scaling strategies, position sizes or anything like that, what would give a hint what you're doing.

Just disclose those 3 simple things.

#32     Feb 21, 2021
  3. Just to clarify, I am not making any kind of allegations against fundseeder. I have no reason to believe they are not legit. I just think it is not appropriate for me or people in a similar situation (high sharpe capacity constrained). Starting a fund to earn 2/20 makes no sense economically, so putting my strategy on there was only for vanity. Then I realized it might come with a significant risk as well.

For me trading is a business not a hobby. Growing the account as big as it can get is the whole point. You need a lot of money in the account to make a lot of money, since that's how exponential growth works.

To be honest I don't really get where you are coming from here. If you spent enough time to develop such a great strategy, why limit your returns if you don't have to? Do you have huge tail risk or something?

#33     Feb 21, 2021
  4. topdog

topdog

And of course the # of trades.

#34     Feb 21, 2021
  5. sef88

sef88

You have very impressive results. Hope to learn more from you if you are willing to disclose the nature of your strategies.

#35     Feb 21, 2021
  6. yc47ib

yc47ib

This account does not trade US instruments, thus not much to share, sorry to everyone who asked. If you personally trade non US instruments, you can PM me, I opt not to disclose which country's instruments this account trades.

#36     Feb 21, 2021
    murray t turtle and virtusa like this.
  7. topdog

topdog

Why don't you disclose the following ?
    • # of trades
    • # of losing trades
    • Average winning trade (% or points)
    • Average losing trade (% of points)

#37     Feb 21, 2021
  8. topdog

topdog

I mean what is the problem you cannot disclose these simple statistics about your system ?

Or is this a some kind of snake oil project ?

#38     Feb 21, 2021
  9. sef88

sef88

He may not trade in a discrete manner (me too). I'm unsure. You can probably understand his trade distribution from his stats like sharpe ratio, drawdowns, etc.

#39     Feb 21, 2021
  10. topdog

topdog

But he/you still have to open and close positions. Every position gives you a result. No matter discrete or not. Hedged or what ever.

#40     Feb 21, 2021