What is this guy doing?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by globalarbtrader, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Trade by trade stats on FS are currently broken but I will update when fixed

GAT

#21     Feb 15, 2021
  2. The numbers are believable to me since I do similar numbers, although my account is much larger. I was also #1 on rapacapintro.com many years ago, before it was renamed to fundseeder. The trick to get such consistency is diversification on top of strong edges. I trade 500+ stocks per day.

I decided to take my system off there after a month or so because I figured it might be possible to reverse engineer my edges with the data I was providing them -- The way it works is you allow them API access to your brokerage (they support IB and some other popular ones) and they literally get every single trade you do thru there.

You better have extreme trust in them to put your trades in their system, if your edge is any good.

#22     Feb 19, 2021
    TooEffingOld likes this.
  3. topdog

topdog

So can you disclose your max DD, loss% and RR ?

You don't have to tell your size (use points or ticks) or what you are trading etc.

#23     Feb 19, 2021
  4. I trade any/all stocks, and recently added ETFs in the mix.

maxDD = about 5.5% since 2014, off the top of my head
    loss% = about 49% since 2019
    RR = I don't use stops

#24     Feb 19, 2021
  5. topdog

topdog

RR = average winning trade / average loosing trade (%, dollars, points, pips or ticks)

#25     Feb 19, 2021
  6. yc47ib

yc47ib

I think that is my account. I am very new to Fundseeder and I think I read from someone's post on Elitetrader. I am not familiar with their platform yet. Reverse engineering? not likely, since it took them over 4 months to get access to this account's data on IB.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    #26     Feb 20, 2021
  7. ValeryN

ValeryN

It is not that hard to see. Just login into FS and check your account #.

I actually just checked top few accounts myself last week and was wondering the same thing as OP. What is most unusual here is how low is DD comparing to returns -> smoothness of equity curve and no loosing months at all over 5 years. All data is captured from by FS from Broker directly so it is verified.

@yc47ib - if that is indeed your account, I bet many would love to know what are you doing to achieve that?

Attached stats from FS.

Best Equities.png

Val

#27     Feb 20, 2021
    sef88 and shuraver like this.
  8. yc47ib

yc47ib

upload_2021-2-20_20-56-36.png

#28     Feb 20, 2021
    shatteredx, ValeryN and sef88 like this.
  9. topdog

topdog

Can you please disclose your

- average winning trade result ?
    - average losing trade result ?
    - how many (%) loosing trades ?

You don't have to disclose $ amounts. Give %, points, ticks or pips.

Thank you.

#29     Feb 21, 2021
  10. That is quite naive. Once your data is on there it is potentially vulnerable going forward. Even if it's not a fraud or inside job, look how many huge leaks/hacks happen all the time.

I'm guessing your strategy is very capacity constrained since your account is so small and you keep doing withdrawals. Perhaps this is why you don't care. But generally speaking for someone with a strong edge I would not recommend putting it at risk just to see your graph on the site.

#30     Feb 21, 2021
    virtusa and yc47ib like this.