What is the single most important element in trading?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by darvasboxes, May 5, 2005.

What is the single most important element in trading?

1. Psychology/Proper Mindset

72 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Stock/Market Selection

10 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Entry Techniques

14 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. Exits

20 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Money Management/Position Sizing

56 vote(s)
    29.9%
  6. Luck

15 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. DT-waw

DT-waw

size of your account

#51     May 20, 2005
  2. Never vote in a nutty poll.

#52     May 20, 2005
  3. Dude, I was like totally serious. Don't treat the symptoms (i.e. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=752319#post752319), but find the cure.

:p

#53     May 20, 2005
  4. Good one ...:p :D :)

#54     May 20, 2005
  5. nuffim

nuffim

You are right, "to be right" is the answer. Why someone of your obvious intellect and caliber continues to grace the filthy and disgusting threads of Elite Trader only shows your generosity to enlighten the more mundane and ignorant among us. I consider it a privilege to even type on the same threads as yourself. It must have been wonderful, as a lad, to carouse in the halls of Eton. Aristotle, and I am assuming that is your real name, you use more cliches than a thesaurus. I live in Texas and I know bullshit when I see it. And I see it in you. Do you really have an impartial reality based view or did you read that in a book somewhere. I am sure that you can see no Warships on the horizon. You have your nose too high in the air. You might want to watch for a PT boat or an antique aircraft with french missiles like the one that sank the British warship in the Falkland Islands. Aristotle my ass.

#55     May 20, 2005
  6. perr

perr

darvasboxes

I think it would be you!

#56     May 20, 2005
  7. Everest

Everest

This is just such a stupid question.

No wonder the stats for traders are just so bad.

Muppet

#57     May 21, 2005