What is the single, most effective piece of financial advice you've ever received?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Vincent S. Ashmore, Jan 26, 2016.

1. jem

jem

you get what you want out of the markets. by ed seykota

I would add "if you have the time".

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    #81     Jan 14, 2018
  2. Learn the markets, no one will look after your money better than yourself. Everyone else will have their hands in your pockets.

#82     Jan 14, 2018
    Clubber Lang and murray t turtle like this.
  3. %%
    Well Stock Traders Almanac[book by Hirsch]lumps all the years together some times. Great book; but bull markets + bear markets differ so much i dont treat them the same @all.Another difference in the single stock markets, usually a single stock merger will not hurt to bad, unless over leveraged in a bear move.....:cool: As far as a single piece of advice , i wish it were that simple:D

#83     Jan 18, 2018
  4. Always thought of that quote as completely asinine.

So everyone who tried and failed wanted to fail? Complete nonsense.
    I know guys who would have literally cut off their sack to succeed but it just never worked out despite all their hard work and effort.

#84     Jan 18, 2018
  5. trader99

trader99

Yeah, I should have done that since 2009. Stupid me. Shorting...

#85     Jan 18, 2018
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Don't day trade.

#86     Jan 20, 2018
  7. That Benjamin Franklin quote is pure gold!

#87     Jan 21, 2018
  8. Misers get a bad rap. That's producer's propaganda. Spendthrift is the way to be.

#88     Jan 21, 2018
  9. I think some very wealthy people have violated this principle.

#89     Jan 21, 2018
  10. Greed makes the markets! You could say tolerance of greed is the transition point between a central-planned and a free market economy.

#90     Jan 21, 2018