What is the point of living?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rin4et, Oct 27, 2017.

1. JSOP

JSOP

Beautifully said.

#41     Mar 18, 2018
  2. Mifar

Mifar

The meaning of life is different for everyone, we are all different. The meaning of life for me is to be happy and enjoy life. I follow that approach and try to teach it to all those close to me.

#42     Apr 30, 2018
  3. tomorton

tomorton

There is no deep meaning to be discovered from living. Pursuit of happiness is a nice pastime: when you occasionally find some, that's a nice bonus.

All this beats being not alive any more.

#43     Apr 30, 2018
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

“We want to be happy all the time, even during sleep. How can we do this? We can do this through training in meditation because meditation makes our mind peaceful, and when our mind is peaceful we are happy all the time, even if our external conditions are poor. On the other hand, when our mind is not peaceful we are not happy, even if our external conditions are excellent.”
    – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

#44     Apr 30, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Mahatma Gandhi

Each of us has a mission and the Light coming when we trust the Source, which is more intelligent and wise then we ever could imagine. Just do not use plastic on your own... or do little steps which can lead you to feel better to accomplish what is your call. And if good people will not multiply then what happened to the next generations? We are all different and for this reason, the planet is beautiful!

#45     May 11, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. Youss27

Youss27

The point of life is life itself.

I used to think that life is superficial and empty inside without essence but recently I have come to realize it is the human inter social "belief system" of how to be or behave that is empty and without truth which was the superficiality I was experiencing all along.

#46     May 12, 2018
  7. maler

maler

I liked what a very old and wise guy had to say about this:
    "Consciousness related evolution is the real meaning of life.
    The universe is already very very old and everything took its time to come into being, even human life.
    The begining is the cause from which the effect came about. It's the law of causality which has to take effect.
    The meaning of life is the human being evolution with regard to his/her conciousness.
    We are here on earth to lead our lives because our conciousness must be developed,
    so that it gathers knowledge, gathers wisdom, builds up love, peace, freedom and harmony.
    The human exists in the material life on earth in order to learn, just as other humankinds do
    on other worlds in the entire universe."

#47     May 15, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  8. You forgot about all the wars and destruction and killing. Then you also forgot about how the poor get poorer and rich, richer. Then you also forgot about how 2% of the planet's population control 90% of the wealth. The diseases, lack of cures, outrageous medical costs and the fact that the medications are DRUGS, yet heroin is illegal but doctors have the right to kill. Get my drift?

The Galactic Confederation of 76 planets that existed 75 million ago and then went poof might have the answer as to how it was done, carried out, and the fact that this is a prison planet. I landed in this sh*t just like you and everyone else. Birth, study, job, buy, buy, buy, consume, consume, then die = the formula we were given.

It stinks! :)

#48     May 16, 2018
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

:D
    Funny. You left out "procreate" though. Gotta keep that ball rollin'.

#49     May 18, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  10. Fadip

Fadip

I think we have to play our role for the betterment of the environment by taking small initiatives. We can plant trees, reduce paper usage, reduce plastic bag usage, and many other things for showing our concern towards the green and healthy environment. am I right?

#50     May 19, 2018
    CSEtrader and ElCubano like this.