What is the name of the following strategy...

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by cohvi, Jun 17, 2006.

1. cohvi

cohvi

I never buy or sell at low & high.
    I get my orders filled when the market is running sideways.
    (See attachment above)

#21     Jun 20, 2006
  2. cohvi

cohvi

I'm running the simulation on Strategy Runner Level II view for futures.
    I will be looking into other instruments in the future.

Thanx.

#22     Jun 20, 2006
  3. Are you sure you don't get rebates from LU? Somebody on this thread said they are rebating trading LU. Who gives rebates on LU? It's a NYSE stock.

#23     Jun 24, 2006
  4. It's not easy making even just .01 cent. Harder than it looks.
    What about slippage. Doesn't LU and those other similar stocks have slippage when you try to get out of the trade?

#24     Jun 24, 2006
  5. There used to be rebates in LU until last year. You used to get a small rebate on island for removing liquidity... but as far as I know that´s gone. Now a days you can only make rebates on the NYSE by trading ETF´s, such as EWJ...

#25     Jun 24, 2006
  6. strategy runner has level II? Since when? They have a trading pad, is that what you mean by the level II?

#26     Jun 24, 2006
  7. cohvi

cohvi

I'm learning the futures business so forgive me in advance.
    I thought SR Trading Pad is Level II information.
    Can you please clarify the terminology for me by stating the difference between:
    Level II?
    DOM?
    And what is the SR trading pad?

Quote from SR site: "One-click trading from level II screen Trading Pad. "
    http://www.strategyrunner.com/Content/Solutions_Brokers.htm

?

#27     Jun 25, 2006
  8. They are all the same. Level 2 just normally refers to stock trading but people use the words interchangeably. It doesn't matter. The trading pad is level 2. You can view the "debth of market" and that is why some people call it DOM(Debth Of Market). But they all mean the same. Trading pad is level 2, DOM -debth of market). I don't know what software you are using to practice and learn but each software calls it different sometimes. They have their own little wording to make it unique to their own software. But they all mean the same. If you are learning futures. I would stick with emini for now. The other futures you can learn later - like corn, wheat, cattle.

#28     Jun 25, 2006