What is the Most Powerful Candlestick Reversal Pattern?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by CrytpoTrading, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Opinions please.

2. EsKiller

EsKiller

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Hangman, hammer, evening star, aka the usual dojis...

Also CAPS LOCK.

4. Doubt there is any "one most powerful", and don't know about crypto*... but in equities I'd say, morning star, evening star, tri-star, shooting star, hanging man, hammer, gravestone, engulfing... all at daily chart S/R. If I had to single one out as "the" one, I'd say tri-star or hammer @ well defined support. (Shorter time frames less reliable.)

*Candlesticks had their origin in the Japanese rice markets, waaay back when. Same apply to all markets??

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

WHAT IS THE MOST POWERFUL CANDLESTICK REVERSAL PATTERN?

Long wicks.

By construction, long wicks indicate a market rejection of the wick's endpoint. Is that an absolute? Absolutely not -- the next period could eclipse whatever that end price was. But the question posed was most powerful. So regardless of period length, 75% or more of 'long wick' instances will be followed by market price heading away from that previous wick.

birdman, JSOP and nooby_mcnoob like this.
  6. bln

bln

long tail reversal

7. %%
    Exactly+ shorter time frames= less reliable+ cost more in commissions.This post concerns stocks; not cryptos, C trading poster. Many stocks@ least in a bull market uptrend , have value,+ use. Some paid about $8,000 for pineapples when first discovered; James Dole knocked the price waay down with pineapple plantations.
    Be prepared for strong trends or sometimes the FED to overpower any daily candle signal.

NOT a prediction, when the FED cut rates in bear of 2008, markets upticked about 21 days , then the bear resumed.:cool::cool:

8. Chewy

Chewy

it is my opinion that candlesticks have no power in and of themselves. What happens after the pattern is random. there is no cause & effect. if candlesticks had power they would be cause and have an effect. but since after the candle is random there is no link of causality only random happening.

Astrology might do just as well or better than candlesticks. where does that leave candlesticks? Be careful what you believe.

9. JSOP

JSOP

-The one that coincides with the applicable news

10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

The one that you backtested and that outperformed the others.

This is critically important because only you know what trade method you're going to be using Japanese Candlestick and only you know what you're trading and only you know what type of trade managent you're going to be using after entry and so many things that only you know.

Don't believe what anyone else says...backtest and trust your own results.

wrbtrader

#10     Dec 18, 2018