What is the most "EXOTIC" Place you have ever placed a trade from??

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Basement of a pub located next to the Kremlin in Moscow. Used to go there every NFP Friday and drink cider, and trade.

#11     Jan 31, 2008
  2. sumosam

sumosam

From a mental institution (no, I was not a pt). :D :D :D :D :p :p :p

#12     Jan 31, 2008
  3. dstod

dstod

I had my fiancee's whole family waiting for me to board our plane from Madrid back to NYC on August 16th, 2007- the day the Nasdaq hit its summer bottom.

We almost missed the plane b/c I needed to buy into the massive sell off... I was in an internet kiosk in the airport frantically trying to log in with less than 5 mins before final boarding. My heart was racing like crazy... I bought ELON and a couple other stocks all on full margin.

My fiancee wanted to kill me but we managed to get on board with under a minute left before they closed the doors.

I remember being nervous as hell on the plane thinking that when I landed I may be stuck for my teeth.

Fortunately, the market rebounded and the next day I liquidated my positions for close to a $4000 gain!

#13     Jan 31, 2008
  4. phlip

phlip

From our condo in Hawaii - actually it wasn't the greatest experience, I had to get up at 4:00 AM, and the during the 2 week period my performance was awful. I'm of the opinion that the correct trading mentality if a fragile thing, and changing the environment can throw things off.

For example - mondays are my worst trading day of the week (taken from 9 months data) and I suspect it's because I'm rusty from the weekend layoff.

#14     Jan 31, 2008
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Traded silver via cellphone from a historic battlefield in rural Poland. E-minis from a net cafe in Casablanca, Morocco. Bonds from a 16th century church in Barcelona (which had been converted into a hotel).

The internet and cellphones have really opened up trading possibilities. I wonder how long before someone trades from Mount Everest or the North Pole!

#15     Jan 31, 2008
  6. From a bungalo at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay in Bali circa 1998. Bought back futures after the HSI gapped down which got my book delta neutral and paid for the vacation. :D

#16     Jan 31, 2008
  7. Canadian Rocky Mountains :D

#17     Jan 31, 2008
  8. little cafe in bali... stayed up every night to trade the new york open. Didn't have the energy to stay up til close.

#18     Jan 31, 2008

9. 30 seconds of movement on the HSI (on only 1 contract) can pay for a few weeks in Indonesia easily.

#19     Jan 31, 2008
  10. amazing replies...this has brought great replies...what about...for anyone..."at work before my boss came by and had to log off quickly" etc.

#20     Feb 1, 2008