What is the Mercedes Benz of trading software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ryancohen, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Hi Luke....

http://www.streambase.com/solutions/financial.html

Streambase is similar to but not exactly like Vhayu... it is about $40,000 to $60,000 a year license fee... that was when i checked 6 months ago... it could have changed a lot or a little since then but it gives you an idea of the rough cost...

Both of them do real time analysis of incoming data rather than analysis of stored data (inserted data into a relational SQL type of Dbase and then queried by a stored proc or view and then obtain a derived result set)...

i think Streambase is a easier site to follow for understanding the process...

cj...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#51     Oct 15, 2006
  2. Joab

Joab

The Mercedes of software is the one that makes you $$$.

Try them all and then decide which one suits your personal style and needs.

#52     Oct 15, 2006
  3. fader

fader

great, finally this thread is zeroing in on some high class rides :)
    thanks for the link, i have been curious for some time as to what the institutions use.

#53     Oct 15, 2006
  4. #54     Oct 16, 2006
  5. For equities ProsPro from corbita technologies is the best (you can only use it in house at swift trade). Access to markets other vendors could only dream about like TSX, Euronext, LSE. Best execution costs anywhere (13 cents per order soon to be 5c compare that to Bright at 3$ per 1000 or Genesis at .65 if you are lucky) . The software is highly customizable, very fast wherever you are in the world. Lots of interesting features like Liquidity search, Basket orders. If only the system at Head Office was as good we would be laughing all the way to the bank. The only problems is their inability to fix sticky island quotes (so easy to program) and no API.

Mike

#55     Oct 16, 2006
  6. dac8555

dac8555

hmm...The lincoln town car is bloomberg...meaning everybody on the street uses it. Gets the job done with style. at $1600 a month...pros only. I love the backtesting, but it is a bit cumbersome with the strange navagation symbols.

The Maserati (fast, fancy,overly complicated, unreliable, overpriced and overall not worth a crap as compared to the competition) is Realtick.

#56     Oct 17, 2006
  7. so what's esignal-- the toyota?

#57     Oct 17, 2006
  8. fader

fader

this is great info, thx, what's the price tag? (ex.-taq subscription fees)

• Kdb+taq is a fast loader for NYSE TAQ data (distributed via CD/DVD or FTP) that enables you to create a full 10+ year history of NYSE TAQ data quickly, update it daily, and have it immediately available for relational, time-series analysis in kdb+.

• Kdb+x is a family of eXchange loaders for other sources, for example the LSE Tick and Best Price Data.

#58     Oct 17, 2006
  9. No idea on price, but it's definitely an institutional price level.

#59     Oct 18, 2006
  10. kjsnow25

kjsnow25

You guys must drive really bad cars....some of the products mentioned here are so clunky, so second rate, and so slow, I'm amazed they even hit this thread.

Maybe you've mentioned two or so places/products used by institutions or people looking for high speeds, low latencies, relaibe connectivity, back up centers, that do real volume.

This thread is somewhat scary....

#60     Oct 19, 2006