What is the Mercedes Benz of trading software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ryancohen, Oct 7, 2006.

1. giladbi

giladbi

2. It did not surprise me one bit to see a bunch of stupid of topic answers.

If you want the mercedes of technical analisys software its CQG. It drives my nuts the way they nickle and dime you to a slow death by charging for delayed data. Can you belive that charging for something that is free.

#32     Oct 11, 2006
  3. Aok

Aok

-cqg.com

-yourika.com

-tickquest.com

-aspen graphics powered by Bloomberg

-echo with predator

-tradestation (but dont use their brokerage)

The best software unfortunately is the one you have to have written for you.

No one software can do it all.

No particular order to above list.

#33     Oct 11, 2006
  4. Ah, a man who is looking for a high performance vehicle. The highest performing I've found is current price action. Added benefit: this ride is free, all you need is a track to run on, e.g. TradeStation, etc.

#34     Oct 11, 2006
  5. taowave

taowave

I would replace tradeStation with TradersStudio,especially when they go realtime..

#35     Oct 13, 2006
  6. Luke_P

Luke_P

Excellent platform. I spent months researching and feel it is the absolute best.

#36     Oct 13, 2006
  7. Very powerful application... you can create just about any custom indicator or system process in .net, delphi, vb, and other languages, etc...

<b>But support is by email only</b>... and you better be very knowledable about your computer and how software works and how to use a help file for every single issue... becauase they do not hold your hand like eSignal... they require sophisticated users...

as to support they have the a similar setup as Sierra Charts ($17 dollars a month) email help and forum... even though they are charging you $100 a month for their software rental fee or $1400 (rounded off up) cost for buying their software outright not counting the upgrades you will pay for in the future...

Also, I have tried calling their support phone number and they do not return your call... their email support comes about every 3 hours or later... so that is something to keep in mind...

powerful product but slow and sometimes inefficent support...

cj...

#37     Oct 13, 2006
  8. What is the Mercedes Benz of Trading software?

Deep deep pockets:

Vhayu Velocity with a direct HyperFeed server...:D

#38     Oct 14, 2006
  9. taowave

taowave

But support is by email only and you better be very knowledable about your computer and how software works and how to use a help file for every single issue... becauase they do not hold your hand like eSignal... they require sophisticated users...

Also, I have tried calling their support phone number and they do not return your call... their email support comes about every 3 hours or later... so that is something to keep in mind...

powerful product but slow and sometimes inefficent support...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you hit on a MAJOR issue and most users,especially at the beginner/intermediate level really underestimate the importance of live support,be it chat or phone support.....

I would NEVER again purchase a trading software package that does not have live suppport.The software company can promise you the earth,moon and the stars,but when it comes time to answer my questions,I want LIVE support....There is NO substitute

#39     Oct 14, 2006
  10. Yes tis the best... so...
    if you will chip in and send this to me i will glad pay you by tuesday... :D

Absolutely the only way to go... can save you hours of frustration...

cj...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#40     Oct 14, 2006