What is the lowest possible cost to get footprint charts?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by trading101, Jul 26, 2022.

1. My ultimate goal is to go through a funded trader program, to get a funded account. Before I pay for their monthly fees, I want to learn and practice trading on my own. I want to use Foot Print Charts, like the image below, but I don't know where to find such charts for the lowest possible cost? I'm okay with delayed data because all I want to do is practice first.

The best option I could find is Sierra Charts for $36/month. Is there any other cheaper option available, I'm okay with delayed data, all I need is footprint charts.

Do any funded trader programs offer discounts on charting, datafeed, etc?

2. You can get a free NT license (and most evaluators will provide a free NT license too) and use emoji FreePrint for a free footprint add-on.

3. DevBru

DevBru

As far as I know these companies only provide a SIM license of the Ninjatrader software which is limited and cannot be used with their funded accounts.

4. Sprout

Sprout

Unless you build a foundation with Market Profile and Volume Profile, some of the distinctions in footprints will be elusive. Without those levels that those tools provide, the footprint rotations and imbalances identified won't make as much sense.

trading101 and emojitrading like this.
  5. Okay, thanks so much for this. I would consider taking Market Profile Course before the footprint course!

6. I had contacted support of Ninja Trader, and they told me I would have to purchase the lifetime license to access the volumetric bars. I think, the chart you linked is different from volumetric bars.

7. mervyn

mervyn

MultiCharts cumulative delta

8. Sprout

Sprout

If you shift your instrument to BTC then you can get Atlas and Exocharts for free. Exocharts is easiest to use. The principles are the same and it translates well. For those that are veterans to footprints, the consensus is Sierra for it's capabilities but difficult learning curve.

Tradingriot has good content as well as Axia.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2022