What is the longest a method/system of trading has lasted for you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jomama, May 1, 2005.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Asheron's Call

#11     May 4, 2005
  2. sprstpd

sprstpd

4 years

#12     May 4, 2005
  3. Great question,i have been consistently profitable with my system for nearly two years and i worry that it is so simple that it surely cannot last,i think the key to any edge one might have and keeping it is maintaining discipline.

#13     May 4, 2005
  4. 5+ years trading intraday.

#14     May 4, 2005
  5. Been through 196 methods in 12 different fields of endeavor over 30 years.

And boy are my arms tired.

#15     May 5, 2005
  6. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

#16     May 5, 2005
  7. 5 years. Same system. Added diferent markets to the system with no basic changes in logic.

#17     May 5, 2005
  8. Dustin

Dustin

-1998-2000 Trading IPO's: It was good while the MM's still didn't fully understand how to hide their intentions through ECN's. Somewhat profitable.

-June 2000 to Mar 2001: Scalping JNPR. This stock was a gift from the trading gods for this short period. Averaged about $2k/day, then the bastards decimalized the market. I'm still bitter.

-2 weeks in 2003: I figured out a very profitable arb for NY opens. It was based on a common error in NY. Strangly the loophole closed in only 2 weeks. I think they figured me out.

-2002 to current: My bread and butter trading a 100% auto entry system on NY. All the new regulations and the possibility of the floor being shut down are major threats. I can only hope that the crooks on the NY floor are powerful enough to keep their jobs intact.

My trading history in a nutshell...

#18     May 5, 2005
  9. jomama

jomama

Yeah that's great, but notice the title of the post genius, he doesn't trade, he invests. And many of his investments are purchasing whole companies. Unless you have that bankroll, I doubt if it will work for you.

But then again, I shouldn't even be commenting on your useless smartass comment. But then again, maybe you thought you were posting intelligently, and I wouldn't want that delusion to continue.

#19     May 6, 2005
  10. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Nope, no intelligent posting, just being a smartass... my, you ARE perceptive :D

#20     May 6, 2005