What is the liquidity level of NQ

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Master Gabriel Angelos, Aug 17, 2017.

1. I would love for any professional NQ traders to answer this. But, what is the liquidity level of NQ for day-trading? Hypothetically? If I were to day trade 200 contracts at a time, will I move the market? Will slippage be horrendous?

Thank you.

Master Gabriel Angelos

2. Jdesey

Jdesey

I really do not know... but I would think anyone trading 200 contracts is not going to be considered a retail trader, as are pretty much all the traders on this forum

I heard once that anything over 50 CT's at a time was considered to be institutional

3. speedo

speedo

There are plenty of large individual traders but 200 NQ is beyond my league so I don't know the OP's answer. For day trading, I would guess slippage would be material....not so much for swings.

Jdesey likes this.
  4. Your 1 lot will not move the market. Have no fear.

5. Overnight

Overnight

It probably would in Class IV milk futures! lulz.

6. algofy

algofy

I find it funny when people that prob don't even have a real account ask about liquidity in major contracts and throw around bsd numbers.

7. Funnier that some clown with 1 post would get a serious answer to the question.

Of course, he might be a big swinging dick that just realizes ET has the best traders in the world lurking and so he comes for counsel

8. algofy

algofy

Well according to the self report poll percentages, he would be correct to come here for counsel.

9. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Over 30 is pegged on the order book, you will get scalped before you can change the order. I'd suggest 5 or less at a time, or you could just use iceberg orders.
    You don't want those HFT algos taking up the price when you're buying, unless of course you do, but that is classic market manipulation.

10. speedo

speedo

Sure the OP is a troll but as someone who has started trading the NQ this year after years of ES, I would like to see a discussion of size/liquidity constraints for day trades.

#10     Aug 18, 2017