What Is The Hot China Stock for Gobble Gobble Day?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Nov 21, 2007.

1. WCG (WellCare Update*)

Sorry folks I got your emails about this I missed it!
    WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS, INC. (WCG) Up 3.53 to 40.10 In 8-K filing, co. says it will provide Medicare Advantage preferred provider services in Georgia commencing Jan. 1, 2008 for a one-year period. Notes it also renewed its contract to provide stand-alone prescription drug plans under Medicare Part D on a nationwide basis. The renewal is for a period of one year ending on Dec. 31, 2008. S&P maintains hold.

Wow this portfolio is crackling... I'm emailing the hedge fund weather to hold WCG or just take the trade- looks stable at $40 though.... ~ stoney

#21     Nov 30, 2007
  2. So far Blue Phoenix BPHX looks like a Best Bet for next week...

I want to add> ELON- 17.79 0.51 2.95% 48,503
    To our watch list here....... Off to work out.

Cheers~ stoney

#22     Nov 30, 2007
  3. Well BPHX is not letting me wait it's up over 5% now.
    Damn this 90 day restriction penalty however I got it is hurting me today. Damn. ~ stoney

#23     Nov 30, 2007
  4. Here are those other retail plays I promised-
    YHOO interesting here. TGT and BKS too.

That came from the head of a hedge fund I have not done any DD yet although YHOO & TGT are pretty obvious... BKS? Could be a takeout angle. I'm not sure.
    ~SI

#24     Nov 30, 2007
  5. mobilni

mobilni

How tp find complete list of Chinese stocks. Does anybody has have link for that?:eek:

#25     Dec 3, 2007
  6. stoney,

Great thread, keep it up.

#26     Dec 3, 2007
  7. MrGecko

MrGecko

totally of thread, but once I had a particularly short girlfriend...

I used to tell my friends she was "just right for gobble" height.

#27     Dec 3, 2007
  8. " D " Day has arrived.

Over 1 month ago cycle theory said Dec 5th was the day and here it is... and right on time...Mr Rally Pants is poking around the opening futures...

Healthy productivity & healthy job situation, mortgage applications soaring- housing close to putting in a bottom- can this be the same market we were all afraid of just days ago?

Salix Pharm SLXP has just moved up to the important $12 break out zone... they presented yesterday so the reports have been typed and sent out to clients & if it is going to move- today is the day- please folks keep an eye on SLXP today.

Our CSIQ has gone from $11 to $18 in short order this will be sold today from the account.
    We will also take a look at the rest of the holdings as the day unfolds....

New China idea FUSHI is on the watch list now along with old favorite SPIR @ nearly $20! (1st post on this name @ $14 on ET under volume analysis and boy how that works huh?!!) Still looks good.

Take a 2 year look at the chart of Learning Tree
    LTRE wow... I stumbled across that one- talk about a winning chart!

LAND PLAYS* With stabilization around the corner what of these companies with massive amounts of land? I've noticed stealthy yet constant accumulation as of late in these names.
    Tejon- TRL, Rayoner RYN & Plum Creek PCL...
    worth keeping an eye on....

This is the beginning of a new day! & The beginning of a new UP cycle.... We made it through the scary months without a crash and that is surely something to be thankful for this holiday season...

Ho Ho Ho let's make some dough!
    Back Later! ~ stoney

#28     Dec 5, 2007
  9. Ding Ding Ding.... Ring The Bell baby nice decent volume vs recent declines. VIX trending lower.... SOX looks like it wants to be a leader... interesting day lots of neg news could of turned us over scary MBIA talk, then the head of some bank said something really bad I blocked about the financial markets this Florida Pool thing is spreading.... and it's RALLY TIME!!! Wow gimme a Fed cut and a job surge and a slice of pie Ma!

Need to readjust my thinking. The story wall street has told is that overseas will disjoint from the US the new GS report of course says the opposite what we have been saying all alone... now we have to think more local... what will make money in the US despite a slowdown... J Crew, Cable companies are getting wacked today... might be an opportunity there... DAKT our scoreboard stock is a perfect play, THPW Thorium Power has gone from 25 cents to over 33-nuclear is a hot theme for 08 no pun intended. Let's add AMSC on the watch list here it's been strong the last three days.. it's a wind play I had given up on, was a big winner earlier in the year....

This may be the craziest call ever by stoney but I'm feeling the turn in housing and I'm going to Ct monday to try and buy a house and I have no idea what I'm doing and it seems really scary I need a second mortgage and I'll be one of those risky jumbo take advantage of me type loans-- who will step up and give me $600K?

I'll keep you all informed, but with an eye on early next year's market prospects... I'm A getting into real estate!!!!!

Wow. My Life Is Spinning Almost Out Of Control.
    ~stoney

#29     Dec 5, 2007
  10. Continued momentum into land names.

I'm REALLY looking at Tejon Ranch which owns 270,000 acres 60 miles from LA. Trading move $36-$39 with a break out $40.43 print yesterday.
    TRC...

I'm also looking to buy Rayonier RYN they are mostly into timberland but they have developable land too. A housing bottom is upon us but I'd rather play the land plays than the housing stocks.

What of the Cycles? We are now begun the December 5th upturn. With a momentum peak on Monday the 10th, we should see things peter out today mid day, however the actual cycle peak is on the 13th, so maybe we get a few days rally next week to start the week.. After the 13th we have a very important turn date on the 18th. This should be a LOW, it may be a drastic low- one day plunge sort of low, so we should be on the look out for an exterior shot to the system &be prepared to invest- from the 18th to the end of the year should be straight up!

We will sell the remainder of this portfolio today and start with some fresh names for the end run. Stay tuned for final totals...

Yours In Stocks~ stoney

#30     Dec 7, 2007