What is the hardest college major?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Dec 10, 2008.

1. it's a waste of a life. no chance for creativity or original thought..

you do what the docs tell you to do.. give that pill, take this BP, etc

your just an over paid lackey.. congrats

anybody can become an RN with half a brain :D

#31     Dec 15, 2008
  2. Well, apparently you don't know many nurses.:)

I would venture to say that I have considerably more freedom than most in coporate america. And better paid.:) :)

#32     Dec 15, 2008
  3. And nurses aides take the bloodpressures, and give the baths, and almost anything else you think nurses do from watching too much TV.

#33     Dec 15, 2008
  4. more freedom than 'corporate america' (whatever that is) to do what?

(aren't hosiptals or doc PC's corporate america?)

what decision do you make without ANY overseeing?

how many patients have you seen and diagnosed w/o seeing the doc first

take today for instance? or yesterday? or last week?

how about in last month what have you done w/o checking first with a superior?

#34     Dec 15, 2008
  5. I put a couple of relatives through nursing school ... best investment I ever made.

Speaking of freedom ... from what I understand nurses just never get fired, because they are in such short supply. So they have duties, and they are accountable ... but doctors are so overworked they really give the nurses autonomy ... just my 2.

#35     Dec 16, 2008
  6. i have no doubt of the present job security but it's just a boring azz job for 12 hr shifts.

#36     Dec 16, 2008
  7. I am never taking one of your posts seriously again. Math is not plug and chug as soon as you leave the basic calc framework. If you have a decent prof, you won't have it plug and chug in math either.

I have an engineering undergrad degree and a grad degree in math. I know pain, sir. I can assure you that pain is not English class.

#37     Dec 17, 2008
  8. rofl, not in nursing class either :D

will we be seeing your name associated with the fields medal anytime soon?

#38     Dec 17, 2008
  9. Sorry I missed these posts. Let's see now. What decisions do I make.....I make the decision on if the docs need to be called. I make the decision on what the doc needs to do based on the info I or my aides collect. If I do need more expertise, the doc is very likely to ask me what I think the patient needs. I make decisions on staffing. I would dare say I make more decisions a day than you do a week:)

And my decisions affect lives, in real time , do yours?

#39     Dec 17, 2008
  10. Precisely.

#40     Dec 17, 2008