What is the hardest college major?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Just curious, are you a guy?

If so, how do you deal with ignorant old people who want a female nurse? Do you get bombarded with questions like "what, you weren't smart enough to be a doctor?"

#21     Dec 13, 2008
  2. dcvtss

dcvtss

This quote tells me that you have not taken a math course more advanced than basic calculus. In the truly advanced math classes you have to create the theorems fool. Granted it is a different kind of creativity, but it, along with engineering is still creative - you are engineering something right? You are hilarious, I used to take english classes when I needed a break, you can BS your way through any paper, there is no right answer. Plus the women in english classes were better than the ones in math classes. :)

- CS/Math Degree which I switched to from engineering because it was "easier"

#22     Dec 13, 2008
  3. EE

#23     Dec 13, 2008
  4. Yes, I am a guy.

Women under the age of 65 actually prefer male nurses.

It is usually men who question why I became a nurse. When I tell them I started in health care as a combat medic that usually ends the conversation. You can almost see the look of relief on their faces

:D

#24     Dec 13, 2008
  5. So a combination of Ben Stillers characters from "Meet the Parents" and "Tropic Thunder" :)

#25     Dec 13, 2008
  6. Just curious. Do you find that other female nurses tend to defer to you simply because you are male? Also, do doctors treat you differently than female nurses?

#26     Dec 14, 2008
  7. dumpin bedpans for 25$/hour stinks :D

#27     Dec 15, 2008
  8. Definitely.

I have been a charge nurse, assistant director or director for much of my career. Doctors are very rude to many female nurses. I have never been yelled at, not even hung up on.

Not to change the subject, but I am absolutely positive that it was other women that ultimately brought Hillary down. Women do not trust other women AT ALL.

#28     Dec 15, 2008
  9. Nurses aides do that. I make a good deal more than 25/hr. I am hourly, and overtime is almost unavoidable. Something else about being a male nurse. Women get sick, they have periods, their kids get sick. Recently, I worked 27 out of 30 days. Time and a half after 8 hours a day and after 40 hours a week.

#29     Dec 15, 2008
  10. Sorry, never saw either movie. Heard they were funny though. I did see Hancock with the wife and kids though.

#30     Dec 15, 2008