What is the fed waiting for, they better start raising rates next week

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by S2007S, Aug 7, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Everything is working now, the stimulus is working, job market getting stronger, GDP growth of 2-3% is being predicted by analysts by the 3rd and 4th QU of 2009 and here we are with rates at 0%...

The recession is over......

So I ask when is bernanke going to raise rates???

2. gkishot

gkishot

Agree. They better start rasing rates soon if they want to prevent new bubble.

3. Duh, I know that you don't trade for a living and have no idea what is going on '"real-time" but the DOLLAR is sky-rocketing today and putting pressure on bonds... ie.) rates are moving up.

Perhaps you can find an article later today somwehere on the Internet on the Dollars surge, and then "cut and paste" it here on ET like you normally do. :D

4. S2007S

S2007S

Remember the only way out of this recession is to create a bubble, that's all they know how to do. They did it with the dot com bubble and the housing bubble. Here we are creating yet another bubble with tons of debt. Its getting to the point that the only way to grow our economy is with debt, that only lasts so long.

Without creating a bubble our economy is WORTHLESS.

5. S2007S

S2007S

I want to see a rate hike next week of at least 50 BPS to know that the fed is coming in to deflate future bubbles.

6. I don't think you are aware of the reason rates are changed...

Why would the Fed raise rates when a) no inflation b) have not yet posted any GDP growth (therefore recession is NOT over).
    Raising rates right now could easily stifle any economic improvement we're currently seeing.

7. When have you ever been RIGHT seeking what you "wish" for???

TRADERS do not "wish" or "hope" or "want" . . . They simply react to what is happening and go with the flow.

You sound like a 2-year old crying about not getting their candy bar.

You've been WRONG for the last 350 S&P points. Congratulations. :p

8. i want to see you stop posting on this forum.

9. I can assure you the Fed could care less what you want.

Market is up today, deal with it. Fed won't help you.

10. You keep all your cash in euro's Landis or are you just excited to watch that dollar corpse show some sign of life again albeit from a multi decade low.

#10     Aug 7, 2009