What is the fastest intel processor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by seasideheights, May 3, 2008.

1. Tums

Tums

Most people mistaken OC as simply increasing the clock speed on the silicone.

There are many articles on the web about the Q66 and OC. Whoever interested can Google for them.

#11     May 4, 2008
  2. mnx

mnx

silicon is the 14th element on the periodic table and is used to make semiconductors.

silicone on the other hand is used in breast implants and is used to seal around windows...

;)

- mnx

#12     May 5, 2008
  3. I have often wondered why I always felt a stir whenever I brushed up against a window.

#13     May 5, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Maybe when you retire you can get a part-time job as a window washer... you know, just to keep the juices flowing.

#14     May 5, 2008
  5. Baywolf

Baywolf

meh... silicone doesn't do it for me. I like my windows all natural.

#15     May 5, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

Make a note.. as you get older, it' becomes "settle or nothing"...

:D

#16     May 5, 2008
  7. Tresor

Tresor

8. bighog

bighog Guest

i use 45nm chip E8500 (3.0 stock) and overclock it to 3.7 without changing anything but the FSB. I am watercooled on a chip that INTEL intended to run rather cool compared to the "afterburner" HOT HOT chips of before.

When i check the temps after a few hours of letting it run and even play a moronic shooters game i once bought to TEST new setups (Tournament 2003), i pat myself on the face and say "GREAT BUILD". I can NOT get the temp of the cpu over 73 F.

Intel indeed intended the newer chips to be overclocked id desired as another tactic to smash AMD. From 3.0 to 3.7 and no voltage increase etc is dam good. Intel backed off on the HOT chips by lowering the clock speeds. This new chip (nethlem) just might be next build sooner than expected. I like the teens coming over and see how good my office puters are. This new chip will be blasted away when the 32nm chip comes out which looks to have completly new FSB or whatever. I am a trader not a computer whiz.

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20070918corp_a.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG1C5Hjg4EU

Correction : the chip i bought is the E8400 and i did take it up to 4.3 but have not played with it lately so just have it at 3.7 now, stable as marry a chinese broad in the old days. :D

#18     Jun 21, 2008
  9. hey, I can read this thread without my spectacles.

hey, Martha,

go get my magnifiers...

#19     Jun 21, 2008
  10. Okay.

I have a Core2 Duo T8100 (Penryn).

All you tech savy people, can I overclock it easily (w/out changing voltages or doing anything physically), and will doing so reap significant and noticeable performance gains, without compromising stability?

Thanks.

#20     Jun 23, 2008