what is the effect of a special day to your mood?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by grassing, Sep 2, 2008.

1. grassing

grassing

for example, your birthday ,is a determined day.
    if a birthday party does not happen as you wish but delayed
    you will feel somewhat upset, will you?

if a weekend is coming and you have a special plan for it
    but an unexpected job ruins your plan
    you will feel upset, will you?

because i always have the feeling like this, but i can't explain it explicitly....

waiting for your oppinion....

2. If an unexpected job ruins your weekend plans, this indicates your planning skills suck. When planning, expect the unexpected, or take a page from Rumsfeld because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know.

If your birthday party doesn't turn out like you wished and you're upset, you should grow out of this with a few more birthdays.

3. If I don't get a blow job on my birthday, then I'm upset ...

4. Yeah, what he said.

5. grassing

grassing

what i really want to discuss about is the holiday itself .

a present you receive on your birthday , and a delayed present

will them bring you the same happiness ?

6. I have strict criteria regarding birthday presents which is the result of so many people bearing gifts on the day of my birth. I take great resposibilty towards this occsaion and must consider other peoples feeling when honoring me.

1) Ten USD is the limit for gifts. I want candy or gift cards to Barnes and Nobles. This shit doesn't go bad and I do not care when I get it as long as I get it.

Gift choice numero 2. Come with me and pay my way to some place I want to go.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

1)I don't don't particularly care for birthdays anymore. Each one makes me feel like just one day closer to death.

2)I'm on call 24/7 and work numerous weekends and holidays. Although I'm used to having plans trashed I admit I still do some serious cursing, just to relieve some stress.

8. OP, what you are talking about sounds like delayed gratification. The closer the gratification to the triggering event, the stronger the reinforcement -- Psych 101 stuff.

I'm curious, how are you relating this to trading?