What is the down side of having Series 7 license?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jimclark, Sep 24, 2007.

1. One interesting question:

What is the down side of having Series 7 license? I understand certain fees/higher will apply...but what else other than that?

Thanks.

2. funny...but really what are some of the negatives of having a Series 7? Especially if you trade part-time...

3. pdwst33

pdwst33

I can't see how there would be a "negative." Other than having to study for a test and take the continuing ed every few years to renew it, what could be negative about it?

4. It is just a license so what negatvies could there really be except for having to take that test and learn obscure rules about municipal securities... :D

5. pdwst33

pdwst33

Speaking of the Series 7...I've had mine for 7+ years as I'm currently at a member firm. But I do plan on leaving soon and trading for myself. I'm unaware of a way to keep my license going forward. I don't "need" it apparently to trade on my own (I think this depends on which prop firm you decide to go with), but since there are no negatives in having the license, I sure would like to keep it if possible. If anyone knows how to do this...please let me in on it.

6. You need to belong to a Firm, take your Continuing Ed under their sponsorship, etc. to keep it active. Not any other way that I can think of.

Don

7. What about higher fees due to being licensed?

8. Surdo

Surdo

When you run ahead of an order or "use information" that you shouldn't, they have a copy of your fingerprints.

If you do not need to be licensed, you are better off without it.

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid response!

el surdo

#10     Sep 24, 2007