What is the difference between not having a bias to direction and DOUBT?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by wavetrader, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Pdcom said : "the market senses weakness and will take your money , given the chance."

That is like creating or giving a personality to 'the market'. In essence it is like passing off some of the responsibility for the consequences for our behaviour onto someone else.

Whilst it is true that we are likely to lose our money under certain circumstances it hardly equates to mean that an entity (i.e. the market) is lying in wait to pounce on us.

freealways

#21     Apr 12, 2003
  2. Ultimately it can be summed up as follows :

1. have rules to determine the direction of the market

2. once in a trade keep an eye on what is happening so as to determine on a continuous basis if the direction has perhaps changed (or is possibly about to change) and thence take the required action.

A problem arises when, for the time being, one happens to suspend one's rules and let the wrong emotion (hope) rule one's decision making process.

If anything the emotion which is most usefull is fear (of losing) though, if overdone, it can stop one from entering into a trade in the first place.

freealways

#22     Apr 12, 2003
  3. Actually, the problem with thread starter is that he doesn't have balls and he doesn't have enough experience to even hold a bias...

Simple as that...

#23     Apr 12, 2003
  4. pdcomm

pdcomm

Folks , Please , accept my humble apology .

I made an assumption .

I thought we all realized that " the market "
    equates to PEOPLE , masses of PEOPLE ;
    created by PEOPLE ; for use or abuse
    by PEOPLE ; ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE , every
    one of which is totally RESPONSIBLE for their
    own BEHAVIOR and always lying in wait to
    pounce on a few dollars .

Old proverb : Every man makes his own chains .

The best to all of you and good evening .

pd .

#24     Apr 13, 2003