what is the currently severely devalued growth stock at this point?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, Jun 9, 2019.

1. tech market hit huge, tech corporate earnings slowed. Now what do you think is the bargain stock that has become really cheap than it should be?
    I am not going to look at FAANG stock for sure, I am looking for ones in tech sector, that has become so cheap and bargain as a result of panic selling in recent months.

2. Uber and Lyft.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. dozu888

dozu888

this is not a right question to ask... with millions of people looking for that 'value' play, any value sure has already been diminished... because the methods to get to the values are too simple... based on a few publicly available metrics.

trading is about unfolding stories... not about finding some value just 'sitting there' waiting for you to pick up..

ElCubano and ironchef like this.
  4. kj5159

kj5159

CADE. It's a bank stock, not tech. I'm long so feel free to bid it up.:D

5. Nobert

Nobert

Hey K,

any fundamentals - for reasoning, or pure tech ?

How long ?

Stop loss at ? ( if any )

Thanks you.

[​IMG]

kventin.upgrade likes this.
  6. SteveM

SteveM

US-tech is probably the most richly valued country-sector combo on the planet right now, and has been for a long time.

Hard to believe you are going to find too many bargains there right now. Anything cheap there is probably cheap for a good reason.

murray t turtle and ElCubano like this.
  7. short answer: TSLA

murray t turtle and wave like this.
  8. kj5159

kj5159

Fundamentals entirely, although it does have short term momentum on the upside as you can see the recent higher lows on the chart.

In a nutshell:

It's a pretty fresh IPO company that has sold off since going public, cheap valuation in terms of PE which is actually relevant probably only for banks these days as they need retained earnings to be able to add to their capital base. Recent trend of increasing revenue/earnings. It's subject to less regulatory scrutiny due to being a small company, which in my opinion would detract from it's valuation, assuming everything is on the up and up with the company.

Also I like to look at how difficult it would be to double earnings from here, for a company that size to double earnings is not a big deal at all vs. a big cap like Walmart doubling earnings will probably take 50+ years from here.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Nobert likes this.
  9. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

A lot of the semiconductor stocks like NVDA, MU, INTC etc. are down 25-50% over the past few months due to the trade war. They'll probably have a significant spike if we reach an agreement. Who knows when or if that will happen though.

10. This is a very cool new indicator, and its name is a red car!

#10     Jun 10, 2019
    Nobert likes this.