What is the best way to reduce the commission costs

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by StocksSniper, Sep 28, 2005.

1. uhhh..weelll ugh...< stammer, stammer > no

But in every other business, clients that are worth thousands in revenue traditionally get presents...except this biz

#51     Sep 30, 2005
  2. Stockripper,

I think many are suspicious that you are not telling the truth. I think many are suspicious that you are not merely a retail brokerage customer who has a far better deal, for several hundred equity trades per day, than Interactive Brokers can provide. I think many are suspicious that you are shilling for a competitor of IB, by knowingly making false statements designed to disrupt IB's relationships with its customers. This is why I have asked you a very important question:

Did you EVER, now or in the past, play ANY role in the trading industry, other than that of retail brokerage customer?

I have also asked you to clarify and to confirm your statements suggesting that you execute several hundred trades per trading day.

Your responses to these two questions evaded answering them in the same way we would expect a politician to evade answering questions. I repeated my questions, in response to your evasions, and you have not responded. If you don't respond, I think this would have to be interpreted as confirmation that you are lying and shilling for one of IB's competitors. Please respond to my questions, so that we can assess the truthfulness of your claims.

#52     Sep 30, 2005
  3. wait mr rockford. i'm a retail customer and have no affilitaion with any broker nor ever have. go all over the et thread and there's 100's of forum's talking about commissions. tons of people have .003 are less per share. i am simply stating that ib's stock commissions rates for the avg guy doing 500 shares or less per trade are no competitve. i stated i ahve an options account with them and love it. i stated they're a goiod company. many others on here have also said there 1 cent per share on the first 500 is not competitve. i could care less what others do but i'm stating a fact. go check out genesis. some fo there trading groups ahve spammed people for the last 2 years offering .003 or less. each person needs to evaluate there own situation

#53     Sep 30, 2005
  4. hajimow

hajimow

I think all of us want to clearly see the rates mentioned on their website. Like:
    Trades less than 1000 shares per month : 1 cent
    Trades less than 100000 shares per month: 0.5 cent
    Trades less than 1000000 shares permonth : 0.3 cent

I don't like the statements like " I called and I got a good rate and now you are on your own to find your own rate."

#54     Sep 30, 2005
  5. I want to see one sentance that begins with a capital letter.

This is how it starts....... one step at a time.

Soon anarchy.

#55     Sep 30, 2005
  6. lmao thats the way the game works. there's no set rate. even cyber trader negotiates. go to there website. they say high vol traders call for negotiated rates. there's no set in stone rates. my friend thats liek saying walmart and target pay the same for every item. they each sqeeze the same companies and have different deals. thats like saying johnny at xxx prop shop pays desk fee's but sammy who said i'm not going to pay this to the manger pays nothing. if you want sommething in life you got to go get it. my whole way of negotiating is simply stating that i have my own money i work out of my house and poay all my own bills and i'm costing you zip. if you can make a 1/10 th of a cent it was a tenth you wouldn't have if i weren't here.anyway i wish all the best of luck in there trading as i've beat this to death

#56     Sep 30, 2005
  7. you guys trading 1.5mil and 2mil a month can defenitly get deals like .0025 or .002 thats what i have i trade about 2 mil a month

#57     Oct 1, 2005
  8. Stockripper,

The first time I asked you whether or not you ever played any role in the trading industry, other than that of retail brokerage customer, you replied that you "have no relationship".

I then explained that you did not answer my question, and so I repeated my question. You replied that you never had any affiliation with any broker. But once again, you have not answered the question. You are leaving open the possibility that you played some role in the trading industry, other than retail brokerage customer, and other than having affiliation with some broker. I am asking a simple question, with a simple yes or no answer:

Did you ever play any role in the trading industry, other than that of retail brokerage customer? (Please answer Yes or No).

The first time I asked you for your average daily number of equity trades, you replied, "150-250K a day." This reveals your average daily share volume, but does not answer the question about your average daily number of equity trades.

I then explained that you had not answered the question, and I repeated my question a second time. You replied "i trade anywhere from 200 to 500 shares at a pop." You thereby failed, a second time, to answer the question.

I then explained that you had failed, for the second time, to answer the question about your average daily number of equity trades. I then made the simple calculation, dividing your average daily share volume by your average daily trade size, producing an average daily number of equity trades somewhere between 300 and 1,250. I asked you whether or not this is true, that you do 300 to 1,250 equity trades per day, each with size ranging between 200 and 500 shares.

Your next reply to me completely ignored my question as to whether it is true that you do 300 to 1,250 equity trades per day. Is this true (please answer yes or no)?

My suspicions are increased each time you evade these two simple questions.

#58     Oct 1, 2005
  9. the answers are no and yes to your question. hey my friend if you want to pay 1 cent a share be my guest. i'll take my 10-15k a month commissions savings and stick it in a mutual fund

#59     Oct 2, 2005
  10. If I added up all the millions share a month guys just here at ET, the total volume would be 200 Trillion.

#60     Oct 2, 2005